I have issues, for real.

I can never decide what guitar I want; I always flit between them.

Tell me some models to look at.

Bands/artists I like are Megadeth, Queen, Zeppelin, Sabbath, YJM, RATM, Iron Maiden, SoaD, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors, Journey, The Beatles, Eric Clapton,

I play in Standard and Eb from time to time.

I want a tremolo, no hardtail, but I need to be able to switch between Standard and half step down without too much hassle.

Must be lightweight, with body contours if possible.

Left handed.

$750-$800 CDN dollars.

Preferrably something with single coils and humbuckers.

Don't question my amp, as it will come next.

Please try and link me to some pictures/specs if possible.

Nothing Les Paul shaped.

24 frets would be nice.

Thanks for your help, in advance. I'm not asking you to choose for me, just give me suggestions, please.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 12, 2008,
Stratocaster maybe with a humbucker in bridge position?
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by Tarts42
Stratocaster maybe with a humbucker in bridge position?

it'd be good, cept for that the strat only has 21 frets

he doesnt really need them
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Is that within $800, though?

i think they're around $800ish, give or take, but that might stretch your budget with taxes and whatever else. To me it's worth it, i absolutely love PRS, though i don't even currently own one.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Feb 13, 2008,
There would be quite a few options... but I can't find a lefty one. If you want a tremolo and 24 frets I'd have suggested one of the new 24 fret Ibanez S-series that are coming out soon. Down tuning is no problem with the ZR bridge and it's a great guitar overall (and very light weight). I don't there will be left hand models though.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
since CDN is larger than USD, I think, I guess a highway one strat with a humbucker would be nice. 22 frets, HSS, $750 USD
Quote by Food_for_funk
C-C-C-Carvin!

www.carvinguitars.com

N-N-N-Not for that money!

Edit: Obviously, that would be the best choice if the OP could stretch the budget a little (much) further.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

Quote by Canne
N-N-N-Not for that money!

Edit: Obviously, that would be the best choice if the OP could stretch the budget a little (much) further.

Guess thats true if you buy new. But the TS can easily get a used DC 127 for 500-600 dollars US, if they don't mind going the ebay route.
Quote by Food_for_funk
Guess thats true if you buy new. But the TS can easily get a used DC 127 for 500-600 dollars US, if they don't mind going the ebay route.

true, but finding a lefty is going to be difficult I believe.
- Scott Adams

Highway 1 Strat HSS

I just bought one today and it's flippin sweet!

Made in America, hotter pickups than a standard Fender (geared more for Rock, but can be bluesy if you want). Oh, and it has your trem too.

$750 new!

Here's a link to a video (from Fender's site):

http://www.fender.com/highwayone/

Just make sure you go for the HSS not the regular Hwy 1.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH

SBN Lil' Eagle
Boss MT-2

Peavey Windsor Studio
Last edited by A-Ro at Feb 13, 2008,
Hmm, the Fender Highway 1 does look nice. However, I am intrigued by this S Series Ibanez spoken of. I think I've played one before. Although, maybe not. What Ibanez come in lefties?
i like a lot of the same stuff. anyway i just bought a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. beautiful and it does everything
the new 08 hellraisers have coil tappable humbuckers, idk about the actives tho(if you want them) and i think its avalible left handed