I was hearing Gyroscope's new single Snakeskin, was wondering would you consider them rock or more grunge? IMO i think they are more like Switchfoot and foo fighters than Nirvana or Silverchair.
Post-grunge.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Alternative rock.

Silverchair isn't 'grunge'...grunge infact isn't a genre but a scene from Seattle.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
Alternative rock.

Silverchair isn't 'grunge'...grunge infact isn't a genre but a scene from Seattle.

QFT.

So if you get a British guy, or anyone not from Seattle for that matter, telling you he plays in a grunge band, kick him in the balls and tell him he's full of it.

But I'd class Gyroscope as rock/alt. rock.
Quote by Uber-rocker
QFT.

So if you get a British guy, or anyone not from Seattle for that matter, telling you he plays in a grunge band, kick him in the balls and tell him he's full of it.

But I'd class Gyroscope as rock/alt. rock.

Amen to that. I try and tell people the definition of grunge all the time, but they can't seem to understand that it has to come out of Seattle.
im listening to the new song now

i own "are you involved?"

gyroscope is really a screamo/alt rock band

i don't here much resemblance to the seattle scene
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Amen to that. I try and tell people the definition of grunge all the time, but they can't seem to understand that it has to come out of Seattle.

I agree someone kept claiming to me STP are grunge i was like
how the funk can you even think they are almost one percent grunge.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
then why the hell does the industry label them post grunge or whatever? I actually quite like them and heard they are super awesome live...have super mosh pits with the circle massive. Didn't get to see it but a friend of mine at the BDO said it was awesome!
i actually heard someone calling them more hardcore/screamo punk....would you consider them that? Well atleast their older stuff were according to some people
Quote by faraday
i actually heard someone calling them more hardcore/screamo punk....would you consider them that? Well atleast their older stuff were according to some people

they started as a screamo band and got more indie/alternate rock from there
Quote by Gnomestar
they started as a screamo band and got more indie/alternate rock from there

i heard from other people that they were quite trihard punkish band at the start? I guess you would have first hand experience as you live in perth
i didnt really pay too much attention early on although i did know about them and had seen them around

i got into them when the 2nd album came out, it's a good album

anyway listen to the earlier stuff you can here the emo/screamo in the music

its not really fair to pigeonhole any band but they definately had a big sceamo thing going on
They kinda sound like The Strokes to me alittle. But IDK anything that sounds like that I dont really care for .... though I do own a The Strokes album.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
the strokes??? you kidding?? cos i thought the strokes were so indie while gyroscope was like so more rock..well more modern rock
^ OMG sh*T a brick . its just an opinion but yeah they arent grunge.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide