I'm sure...another NUBEY Thread..but..dang!..

I have searched my brains out, and have heard both sides of the story. I have yet to come accross a bulletion or poll, about these two actually compared side by side.

Here are the facts I do know..

The Avatar Contemporary is a similar (knock-off) body style of the Orange 2x12 design.

**Rough Pricing**
Orange:$665 + Shipping

Speaker options:
Orange: Vintage 30's
Avatar: Vintage 30's with other speaker options Available

.....well...lets hear it.. any comparison thoughts?

avatar is definately a better buy but orange is definatly better construction. if youre a huge tone freak the constructino will matter. but no ones complained ever about avatar and i def dont have any. i have an avatar also andi love it. little oversized though
I bet the Orange cab would be a better cab, but it depends on how much you wanna spend. If you wanna spend 700+ dollars and get a wonderful cab, go ahead, it is worth it. But I am sure the avatar will be comparable...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by sg622
avatar is definately a better buy but orange is definatly better construction. if youre a huge tone freak the constructino will matter. but no ones complained ever about avatar and i def dont have any. i have an avatar also andi love it. little oversized though

do you also have the 2x12?
I just got an Avatar 2x12, and I love it. For about $325 with shipping, I got the open-back orange tolex cab with wheat grill, and Vintage 30 and GH1230 speakers.It's just a great tone. Bang-for-the-buck, it's one of the best deals out there. Looks identical to the Orange, just without the cool logo.
The other guitarist in my band plays a Rocker 30 through an Avatar 212 (orange/wheat contemporary) and it sounds ****ing delicious. I honestly don't think it's worth nearly double the cost unless you're a huge, huge tone freak.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by sg622

Avatar makes amazing cabinets. The new contemporary 2x12 cab is the exact same cab as the orange PPC212 cabs that run for $600. EXACT same dimensions. Same speakers can be used (Vintage 30's) and its almost half the price! I don't know how you could say they are less of a cab except for Avatar uses plywood that is three less ply thick. They still use like 15 ply birch. Only a select few people could ever tell the difference of someone using this cab and hearing 18ply over the 15 ply birch. As far as construction goes, what makes orange better constructed? Same wood glue and screws do the trick. Avatar uses oxygen free heavy gage internal speaker wiring as well.