and its finished

c4c as always =)
Attachments:
blues-boogie.zip
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Last edited by envoykrawkwar7 at Feb 15, 2008,
I didn't liked the bass at the intro, it gets lost with the piano, you should try starting the bass line with just root notes and then making it more complex. I liked the lead work specially in the last bars. Its a good start, it does feels incomplete so keep working on it and have fun.
I bet this live is a whole different story than in guitarpro.

PS. thanks for the crit!
Last edited by rodrigomierh at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by rodrigomierh
I didn't liked the bass at the intro, it gets lost with the piano, you should try starting the bass line with just root notes and then making it more complex. I liked the lead work specially in the last bars. Its a good start, it does feels incomplete so keep working on it and have fun.
I bet this live is a whole different story than in guitarpro.

PS. thanks for the crit!

hmm, i was thinking of starting the bass earlier
i mihgt just do that

im really havign the hardest time thinking of what to do next

and this is actually one of my closest transriptionis to the real thing i played

and thanks
Quote by metul kult

Last edited by envoykrawkwar7 at Feb 13, 2008,
The solo parts were great but I didn't really like the piano progression, it felt a bit too simple and minimalistic, so to say. But you can overlook that a bit once the solo starts. I also think that the way the bass entered was a bit too sudden. but overall good, I would just change the piano to make it a bit more interesting. Imo of course.
Thanks for the crit btw.
Well. To be honest... The intro until 11 was crap. It didn't sound good, and doesn't fit the song. And if you're going to keep it like that, work on a transition.
Also, the bass does come in a little awkwardly, so maybe put a whole note in front of it now and it'll be okay.
Measure 31 in the solo doesn't sound good. It sounds out of key, especially after that bend.

It feels really incomplete right now... I think a slow lead/chords/both would be good after what you have.
Thanks for the crit.
I liked the piano intro. Wasn't so sure about the bass at first, to be honest. Oh, I really liked the guitar when it came in. Bars 39 and 40 didn't really work, I think. The chorus was alright, but it seem kind of random.
Now that I've heard the whole song, I don't think the intro really fit the song; it was good just not in this song.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by bakshandloomis
Thanks for the crit.
I liked the piano intro. Wasn't so sure about the bass at first, to be honest. Oh, I really liked the guitar when it came in. Bars 39 and 40 didn't really work, I think. The chorus was alright, but it seem kind of random.
Now that I've heard the whole song, I don't think the intro really fit the song; it was good just not in this song.

yeah
i wish i knw how to make the piano fit better
who the hell knows whats going on with the chorus lol
thanks for the crit
Quote by metul kult

Wow, something new and different finally. Not particularly my favorite kind of music, but it's definitely something unique and creative. Nice job! The piano part particularly was very well thought out. Drums and Bass guitar were okay, not bad though. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10 for creativity. I like the riff around 56 or so btw, very catchy.

C4C? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787309
Quote by xxCHANCExx
Wow, something new and different finally. Not particularly my favorite kind of music, but it's definitely something unique and creative. Nice job! The piano part particularly was very well thought out. Drums and Bass guitar were okay, not bad though. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10 for creativity. I like the riff around 56 or so btw, very catchy.

C4C? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787309

is that first line sarcastic?
lol
ill get to yours in a sec
interesting your thoughts about this, considering the inspiration for it was not a very original source [zeppelin, skynyrd, acdc] adn some random ones [all shall perish, bfmv]
Quote by metul kult

I'm talking around here on these forums. Haven't seen too many songs like this around here, unless I'm just living under a rock :P .
Quote by xxCHANCExx
I'm talking around here on these forums. Haven't seen too many songs like this around here, unless I'm just living under a rock :P .

if we knew about any more of these
wed have to have been living under a rock, right next to our computers
but yeah
im having such a hard time with this thing
wanna do some work on the chorus for me, just to get me going again?
if youve got time anyway
Quote by metul kult

Sure, I'll see if I can come up with something.

EDIT: What about something like this?
Attachments:
blues upbeat.zip
Last edited by xxCHANCExx at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by xxCHANCExx
Sure, I'll see if I can come up with something.

EDIT: What about something like this?

i wish i could see
only got gp 5.0 =\
wanna get me a gp4 version
Quote by metul kult

bump: =p
well its finished
Quote by metul kult