well i have a boss metalzone pedal and it sounds good for rythm but i can get a decent lead sound out of it. only power chords sound good with it.

what pedal should i get to improve my tone when playing lead?

i was thinking of getting an eq pedal? would that help my tone at all?

i dont wnat to get a new distortion pedal because i just brought the metalzone (about 2 months ago)
Quote by carniferous
Amp?

Genre?

Price Range?

my amp is a 100 watt no name brand. it still sounds good though for cleans and stuff

i play metalish stuff. like iron maiden metallica etc

i dont want to spend more than 150-200
is it a tube or SS? if its a tube id suggest a good OD pedal

although now that I think about it, a 100 watt no name tube amp probably wouldn't happen, lol. :P
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
is it a tube or SS? if its a tube id suggest a good OD pedal

although now that I think about it, a 100 watt no name tube amp probably wouldn't happen, lol. :P

haha yea its a SS but im not in any serious band or anything so i dont think i need realy good amp.
save for a tube amp
then you'll be able to get some nice natural distortion
Quote by init24
save for a tube amp
then you'll be able to get some nice natural distortion

ha im broke. geting a tube amp is definitly something i wanna get (but i can afford it). im looking for something to help me right now not three years when i can afford a tube amp. something that will give me the sound i want without having to replace all my gear.
If a tube amp is out of the question try a tube preamp pedal. That way you can get some nice tubey gain then amplify it with the amp.

Damage control pedals spring to mind however theres plenty more out there to try. Vox, Duncan, EHX, Radial, Hughes and Kettner and mesa boogie alll have pedals on the market to name but a few. Check them all out and see if theres anything that flaots your boat.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Buy a Valve Junior Head and use your combo as a cab
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by halikus
If a tube amp is out of the question try a tube preamp pedal. That way you can get some nice tubey gain then amplify it with the amp.

Damage control pedals spring to mind however theres plenty more out there to try. Vox, Duncan, EHX, Radial, Hughes and Kettner and mesa boogie alll have pedals on the market to name but a few. Check them all out and see if theres anything that flaots your boat.

thanks il check em out