As above.
I've got one thing to say:
"C-C-COMBO BREAKER!"
But seriously, it was pathetic.
All the graphic rape details and ****.
That didn't need to be said.
And the whole thing was horrible.
Rudd's apology was amazing.

However, friends who went to see it, said the Aboriginal elders and such turned their backs on Nelson, he was that bad.

Opinions?

EDIT: He even claimed the whole action was "necessary". The guy is slime.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Feb 13, 2008,
i didn't see it, but i will in half an hour when the 6.00 news comes on... oh wait my parents watch friends... wait till 6.30 and i'll have a full opinion on it!
Rudd was great its about time
and yeah i heard nelsons was pretty piss poor
Damn right.
He made a lot of the Elders cry, and as I said, most turned their backs.
Rudd was amazing though.
I don't lean one way, what're you talking about?!
But seriously, it was so sad.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Ehhh... Rudd's apology was good (for the first 5 mins then it got a little long winded apparently).

Our school only broadcasted the main section of Rudds speech so i didnt hear Nelsons, but i heard it was crap also.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by Rokeman
i didn't see it, but i will in half an hour when the 6.00 news comes on... oh wait my parents watch friends... wait till 6.30 and i'll have a full opinion on it!

I look forward to it!
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by BFun
Ehhh... Rudd's apology was good (for the first 5 mins then it got a little long winded apparently).

Our school only broadcasted the main section of Rudds speech so i didnt hear Nelsons, but i heard it was crap also.

Rudd's was very well put, and well written. It was not long winded.
The only good points about Nelson's were the bits he mimicked(sp?) from Rudd.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Feb 13, 2008,
Explination for the non-australian?
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
Explination for the non-australian?

Rudd is out Prime Minister.
Nelson is now our Opposition Leader.

Rudd made a full, offical apology to the Stolen Generation (the Aboriginals who were torn from their families, etc.).
Nelson criticised this, a few days ago.
Today, they made their speeches.
And yeah, read the thread, or a transcript, or a YouTube video or something.
It was shocking.
Only shocking if you understand though.
Some girls in my class nearly cried, for the poor Aboriginal Elders.
But alas.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Rudd's was very good. Although it did get slightly repetitive after a while and he said "this great country/nation/commonwealth" millions of times, he did it very well. I think he is one of the best PM's this country has had for a long time, and I am so glad to see his is bringing us all together.

But then Nelson has to come and ruin it.

Rudd: Sorry for all the hardships you have been put through. Lets all move forward together!

Aboriginal community:

Nelson: Hey guys, I'm sorry too. Btw, people regularly get raped in your community. Some 4 year old girl got drowned while being raped, and a 10 year old girl got gang raped. Oh, and when the people took you away from your homes they thought they were doing the right thing.

Aboriginal community:

What an absolute dickhead. How can he expect anybody to accept apologies and move forward together with crap like that? He is not going to achieve it by telling graphic stories of rape.

I think I know who the vast majority of aboriginal people will be voting for at the next federal election...
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
As above.
I've got one thing to say:
"C-C-COMBO BREAKER!"
But seriously, it was pathetic.
All the graphic rape details and ****.
That didn't need to be said.
And the whole thing was horrible.
Rudd's apology was amazing.

However, friends who went to see it, said the Aboriginal elders and such turned their backs on Nelson, he was that bad.

Opinions?

EDIT: He even claimed the whole action was "necessary". The guy is slime.

MY god, how I agree.

Nelson is a complete sludge-consuming ****wit. His stance of leadership is to blantantly oppose everything Kevin Rudd says without evidence or suitable verification. He acts like a child and he just doesn't deserve to be an Australian. The worst thing is that most of the ****ing Liberals are like this. Self-serving, maniacal, prejudiced, corporate dick sucking, heartless, ball-less knobs.

At first, I actually disagreed with the apology as I thought that the Australian people should have had to apologise for something that they were not the cause of or had no direct involvement in because it is not our fault. I also believe it will not solve anything and the Aboriginal culture will continue to self-destruct and stay contemptible towards others, sniffing petrol and mugging people.

I mean, the select few that are offered any opportunity to be educated and make something of themselves just continue to **** themselves over and milk the system.

However, the fact that Kevin Rudd apologised on behalf of the Parliament and the unjust laws that were put in place BY politicians gained my support almost instantly. I really believe Kevin Rudd is a wordsmith and a very efficient, reassuring PM and the first (and I thought I would never say this) trustworthy, genuine politician.

On another note, Brendan Nelson will receive his call back to the deepest crevasse of Hell soon.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
rapeing aboriginals is gross
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
I just watched the news

Everyone was telling the people to turn off the screen in federation square when nelson was saying stuff and they eventually turned their backs on him
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I'm not entirely opposed to Nelson's speech.

Kevin Rudd, smug as ever...

Nelson was right however, that the people who were involved were not EVIL
Most were lead to believe they were doing good.
Not unlike the NT intervention, where houses are smashed up and children are molested and abused.
Rudd's speech is contradictory.
If he was fully apologetic, he would stop the NT intervention. Actually, he may as well compensate all the aborigines while he's at it. (According to the interviews on hack).

By the way I'm opposed to both of these.
Australia is economically in trouble (a lot of countries are these days). They want compensation out of their own greed, and would surely affect the greater good of the country.
People claim that the NT intervention is also inhumane.
What more humane... They are starved of alcohol, or they are allowed to drown in a pool of their own piss and filth.
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Nelson only spoke the truth, although it may have been unnecessary, but do you honestly expect the opposition to fully agree with the government on anything. And for the record:
*Although many were 'stolen', a lot of children were taken for their safetly.
*There are a lot more cases of rape in Aboriginal communities now than during the "Stolen Generation.
*One particular story involved a girl who was gang-raped, and therefore taken out of that community for her own safety. When she was allowed back in the community, she was gang-raped again.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Sure Nelsons speech may have been correct in some parts, it was the wrong time to say it.
Who cares! Kevin Rudd will now go down in history as the prime ministor who apologised!
it was the OPPOSITION
u dont want the exact same speech all over again
he said sorry like...twice
rudd is a twat...he said the exact few things over and over and OVER again!
Quote by BFun

Rudd's apology went for leik half an hour we listened to it in english then we had an assembly then we decided to say sorry ourselves we should go hug an aboriginal (we never did it )
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by kman123
it was the OPPOSITION
u dont want the exact same speech all over again
he said sorry like...twice
rudd is a twat...he said the exact few things over and over and OVER again!

So what? His apology was meaningful, well-worded and even convinced me, a strong opposer of the whole idea, to believe it was the right thing to do.

He isn't a twat, he is eloquent and for once, a politician made a speech that wasn't just one big long campaign, self-promoting rant.

If you support Liberal in this, then you are a twat.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
All head had to say was sorry. He didn't need to rant. They were trying to steal the glory, glory their party didn't want any part of years ago.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Quote by IncubusMan999
So what? His apology was meaningful, well-worded and even convinced me, a strong opposer of the whole idea, to believe it was the right thing to do.

He isn't a twat, he is eloquent and for once, a politician made a speech that wasn't just one big long campaign, self-promoting rant.

If you support Liberal in this, then you are a twat.

everyone is entitled to an opinion

I dont like Nelson being the leader of the opposition and he probably picked an inappropriate time to say what he did but it was fair enough, it was all the truth and if the aboriginal elders who are the best off of all aboriginals think it's all so terrible why don't they try and do something about it or ask for something to be done about it. all this money in compensation they want from the government would be better spent on ways to fix the obvious problems there are in remote aboriginal communities.

So far Rudd has signed Kyoto which means jack **** and said sorry and everybody thinks he's a hero. I don't dislike him but he's yet to prove himself IMO
Quote by IncubusMan999
The worst thing is that most of the ****ing Liberals are like this. Self-serving, maniacal, prejudiced, corporate dick sucking, heartless, ball-less knobs.

That sums up the Liberals pretty good right there.

Good on Rudd, as far as reconciliation is concerned he's done more in a few months then Howard did in 11 years... now lets go on with our lives.
I play bass

John Deacon > You

Quote by TimmyPage06
Yeah I laughed there. And then realised, Ill die a virgin.
John Howard a no-show.....typical.....

But well done to Ruddy, well presented and well spoken.........as for Nelson, it made my day when the Elders turned their back to him/left the parliment seating...........dickhead.

What somebody said (forgot who)......it took 11 weeks for Rudd to do what Howard couldn't do in 11 years.
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
Quote by ibanez-bitch

But well done to Ruddy, well presented and well spoken.........as for Nelson, it made my day when the Elders turned their back to him/left the parliment seating...........dickhead.

What somebody said (forgot who)......it took 11 weeks for Rudd to do what Howard couldn't do in 11 years.

well that doesn't really mean anything because Howard had no intention of ever saying sorry. It's not hard to say sorry it just comes down to who thinks it is necessary and who doesn't.

At least Howard always stuck to his guns, if a Prime Minister were to do everything there was an out cry for the nation would be in tatters in no time at all
No Rudd ruined the apology by trying to bring the whole thing back to Howard. He really has to stop playing opposition leader, your in government now, you dont try blame the past.
Quote by ibanez-bitch

Why should he show up? His not in government anymore, his not in parliment, I see no reason why he should show up.
Kevin Rudd's first part of the speech was good. The next 5 minutes was alright. The rest was just repitition after repition after repitition of the same thing.
There is also the fact that it took 6 days to get 344 words. 6 days, with professional writers, to get that wording. Rudd hardly touched it, but he's being hailed as one of the greatest prime ministers we've had.
Besides that, some of the Aboriginal elders have said the apology is worthless UNLESS they are given compensation!
And then Brendan Nelson states the cold hard truth. How long are we willing to wait to come back to reality? Weeks, months before it's appropriate to talk about reality? Brendan Nelson has taken our focus on what needs to be done, IMMEDIATELY, but no, we can't possibly do that!?
People need to harden up and realise that Nelson did the right thing by bringing his attention straight back to what needs to be done, instead of ignoring what really is going on.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Kevin Rudd's first part of the speech was good. The next 5 minutes was alright. The rest was just repitition after repition after repitition of the same thing.
There is also the fact that it took 6 days to get 344 words. 6 days, with professional writers, to get that wording. Rudd hardly touched it, but he's being hailed as one of the greatest prime ministers we've had.
Besides that, some of the Aboriginal elders have said the apology is worthless UNLESS they are given compensation!
And then Brendan Nelson states the cold hard truth. How long are we willing to wait to come back to reality? Weeks, months before it's appropriate to talk about reality? Brendan Nelson has taken our focus on what needs to be done, IMMEDIATELY, but no, we can't possibly do that!?
People need to harden up and realise that Nelson did the right thing by bringing his attention straight back to what needs to be done, instead of ignoring what really is going on.

dann_blood for PM
Fools.
That's so one-sided it's pathetic.
As am I, but I'm hypocritical.
Rudd wrote a lot of it, for ONE.
Bah, I can't be bothered arguing this.
We'll have differing opinions, I thank you guys for having a intelligent opinion, even if it doesn't seem that way to me!
Thanks Diamond_Dave and dann_blood.

EDIT: Lol, I turned friendly half-way through.
No, I do mean the last half.
Gore AND Core; unite!
To be quite honest i think this whole sorry day thing was just a stupid political gesture that really doesnt change anything. What difference are a few apologies going to make ?
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Jesus Dann_Blood, you sigged him less than 10 minutes after he said it - like 5 minutes after! 0.0
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Fools.
That's so one-sided it's pathetic.
As am I, but I'm hypocritical.
Rudd wrote a lot of it, for ONE.
Bah, I can't be bothered arguing this.
We'll have differing opinions, I thank you guys for having a intelligent opinion, even if it doesn't seem that way to me!
Thanks Diamond_Dave and dann_blood.

EDIT: Lol, I turned friendly half-way through.
No, I do mean the last half.

Yes I got that he wrote some of it by the constant repition, probly just copied and pasted it accidently and read it again....
Quote by zackR
To be quite honest i think this whole sorry day thing was just a stupid political gesture that really doesnt change anything. What difference are a few apologies going to make ?

The Aboriginal Elders truly appreciated Rudd's speech.
Clearly not Nelson's. But whatever.
You could tell they were touched.
It's more than just a "sorry guys", it's a heartfelt apology for things that can't be righted.
Don't criticise it.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Yes I got that he wrote some of it by the constant repition, probly just copied and pasted it accidently and read it again....

I appreciate that joke, but please keep it serious.

EDIT: Soon we'll see "RUDDKIPZ FOUND TEH CTRL+V!!"
I did laught heartily when I read "RUDDKIPZ EVOLVED INTO A PRIMINISTOMP!"
Gore AND Core; unite!
Page 1 of 2