If you are discussing that piece of bar-thingy on yoru strat? Nothing. They are both the same. If we have to go in depth, then you will learn some terminology mixup:

Tremolo traditionally means the flucuation of volume, while vibrato indicate the flucuation of pitch.

However, when Leo fender design his amps and stratocaster, he, being actually tone deaf, mixed up the two terms. Thus, the TREMOLO BAR does vibrato, and the VIBRATO UNIT on his amps does tremolo.
I think he is refering more to

strat trem, vs floyd rose type trem.

The trems you see on strats can only dive down. So you can push it towards the body and lower the pitch of the notes.

Where as a full floating trem such as a floyd, you can push it or pull it either way, lowering the pitch or increasing the pitch.

Where as a vibrato unit such as a bigsby basically does the same thing but doesnt have nearly the same range
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
I think he is refering more to

strat trem, vs floyd rose type trem.

The trems you see on strats can only dive down. So you can push it towards the body and lower the pitch of the notes.

Where as a full floating trem such as a floyd, you can push it or pull it either way, lowering the pitch or increasing the pitch.

Where as a vibrato unit such as a bigsby basically does the same thing but doesnt have nearly the same range

I don't think he meant that.

I believe you have a mixup my dear friend. The whammy bar is the think that is attached to the tremolo unit that allows you to change the pitch of a note.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
they are pretty much the same thing. it just depends on who you're talking to, people will get both terms.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687

I really wish people would stop saying this. Strat trems can and do go both ways. My strat can bend 1.5 tones up, and 2.5 tones down on an open G. And pretty much has done since I got it.

And I think Generalpwnt answered your question adequately.
Amps:
Vox AC15CC1X
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 (with Custom switching) | Modded Squire Strat | Sigma Acoustic | Yamaha 12-string
Pedals:
Behringer Tuner | Cheap Volume | Boss DD-3 | Boss DS-1 | JH-1 Wah