Ok, well i've joined a band, and im playing rhythm and they want me to compose parts for instruments havent played on a song i wrote, i need to get a lead guitar (not so bad) and drums and bass. cant play either

can anyone help me???
It's actually called arranging, not transposing.

I would suggest just getting together, playing the song, and have them work out their own damn parts.
look at how the staffs are organized in music...that should give you an idea of how to work arrangements
you band niether sucks at playing or are ****ing lazy. no offence.

just tell them your not a composer and to write there own damb parts.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Quote by cta-joey
you band niether sucks at playing or are ****ing lazy. no offence.

just tell them your not a composer and to write there own damb parts.

+1. they need to write their own parts. once they start then you can give imput as to what they're doing.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
take the acoustic chords. either play those on a clean setting and whatever key its in have your leade guitar come up with a solo in that key. if you use power chords, it might be easier to make lead riffs, because your taking out notes from one guitar and putting them into the other giving SOME structure to a solo riff that hasent been written yet.

for bass just back the chords.

for drums....if he cant come up with a friggin drum beat then get a new drummer. seriously all he needs to do is playing ANYTHING to the bpm of your song.
yeah well Mr.Joey. notice I am 15, trying to play with a bunch of third year musicians and i am the only one who wants to arrange this because having bragging writes to
Written and composed by blah #1, Blah #2, Blah #3 and greg

also, this is part of my music assignment in one, im asking for help on how to write a beat to go with the song, not for some tosser who owns a ****ing squire strat and plays greenday songs to tell me im ****, ok?
No, your band sucks. Any group of people could take a chord progression or some stupid acoustic thing and put a beat to it and some bass. The lead should be able to make something cool up with it too. LRN2PLY, as they say...

EDIT oh yeah, I'm 15 too, and me and my friends would be able to arrange any music.

http://media.putfile.com/Caton-Allen-Mark-Tom-Feb-6-2008
Last edited by Shackman10 at Feb 14, 2008,
hey dip****, i allready said I AM ARRANGING IT AS A PART OF A MUSIC CLASS PROJECT- i havent asked them to arrange ****, im not looking for ppl to tell me i suck im asking for help
no one said you suck pal. all that was said is your band sucks if they can't help you write the song.
but as you said you havn't asked them to help you. and you want to learn how to apply a beat. well the best way to do that is to learn how to play the drums. then the bass and lead you should already know how to do if your a decent player.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.