Well thats another night ruined.

I play a Gibson Les Paul classic with super low action, Elixir Nanoweb something something - .009 - .042.

3rd time a tone and a half bend has snapped my high e string. Am i doing something wrong? The string wasnt at all rusted and has been on since the 23rd of January.

If it helps i did the tone and a half bend in the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son solo (Iron Maiden).
try thicker strings? i dont know what to tell you... i use heavy strings.. cant remember the size.. 57 on bottom i think, iv never had a string break during a bend.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
try 10-46 strings, thats what i have and ive never snapped one in a bend.... well one, but it was a pretty huge bend
where did the string break?
at the bridge?
at the nut?
at the tuning machine?
somewhere inbetween?
I use 0.09s on my Strat, but it has never snapped during a bend, even when I bent it and pulled on the whammy at the same time, until it was about 4 semitones up...
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
like said. depends on where the string breaks.

for example, if it broke on the saddle, then, there might be a sharp spot on the saddle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011