hey guys my band is covering supermassive black hole by muse at my school talent quest and i was wondering how to best replicate matt's sound any tips would be great thanks

p.s i am looking for a new guitar something simillar to the mansons that matt uses without the effects and laser obviously just something with a simillar looking body any tips?

cheers
Wrong forum

There is a Muse Thread in Mod Rock forum

Please use the search button
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Ask the guys in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
There are some Yamaha knockoff Telecasters that are close to the same body shape, but you'll never get Matt Bellamy's tone with a tele. You'll need something with humbuckers, preferably Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. The guitar he uses live for SMBH also has a touchpad connected to an external effects processor for making the weird noise sounds during the solo. I don't believe you'll need a Fuzz Factory for this particular song, though it's generally regarded as a requirement for doing any Muse. In fact a Fuzz Factory might be a suitable alternative to the touchpad as it can make a fair share of weird noises by itself. Live I believe he's using a Diezel VH4 though I think the song was recorded with a Soldano SLO. You can use a Yamaha T series amp with a replaced choke to get a tone similar to the SLO, but they're hard to find and getting more expensive.

For doing this on a budget:

Cheap humbucker equipped guitar: ~$250
Bridge position Bare Knuckle Nailbomb: $200
ZVex Fuzz Factory: $180
Yamaha T50 amplifier with choke mod: $600
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM