Page 1 of 147
What's that, you say? Well, the time of a new Era has come...
YES!, welcome to the new, revamped, reborn, one and only, S&L community thread!

TADAAAA!

Quiet, quiet, for I need you to hold your excitement just a few more moments. Here goes :

This thread actually serves only one mighty purpose :
allow you fellow S&Lers to actually get a place to converse about something else than critiques, pieces, writings, etc, without being swallowed by the huge impertinent and hostile black hole that can sometimes be the pit.

Careful! The obvious rules stand, obviously :
-no flaming,
-no posting nudity,
-no advertising,
-or anything that we mods feel is warn/ban worthy. Don't push us. Psh.

Now time is to celebration! Enjoy, please keep this thread a nice and welcoming place to be.

The S+L mIRC Chat server!

Below is a number of ways in which you can connect, come in sit down and hang out for a bit.

What:
-S&L has a chat channel in the UG Chat server!

Why:
-so we can chat with one another about things without having to use MSN
-so we can easily talk as a group about things relating to the forum and life
-so we can collaborate on pieces with greater ease
-because we don't know enough about the people in this forum
-because we did not have it before now

Who:
-You
-Me
-All of us, right now

When:

-See "Who"

How (option 1):
1. click here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/chat/
2. when you're in the UG room put in '/join #S+L' (minus the ')
3. input your name in the bottom right of the screen so we know who you are
4. Enjoi

How (option 2):
1. Read the parts about mIRC in this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380635

Questions?

-Read this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380635
-PM Confusius, Carmel_l, phantom1, The Hurt Within or myself

Can this privilege be taken away?

-If not used this will end up dead like it did the first time
-to avoid death, use it, abuse it, and love it

Also, ignore Robo-Cop. He's the chat bot.

ONLY post in this thread if you have questions or suggestions, otherwise I'll give you a warning/ban.

Hope to see you there!

-Dylan

The S+Lers Contact List:

#1 Synth: Dylan -
AIM - vexx97
EMAIL - doyled@catlin.edu
abhishek: Andy -
MSN - and_ilive
Bassbeat: Steve -
MSN - bassbeat77
Bluesybilly: Bill -
AIM - cowboytroy420
carmel_l: Carmel -
MSN - carmel_livni
confusius: Kyrl -
MSN - kyrlacton
Hope's Downfall: Ray -
MSN - sickly.sweet.undoing@gmail.com
AIM - crazyfreelove
Nightraven: Nick -
MSN - kingmukla
Rush4life: Darcy -
MSN - darcymatt
skagitup: Alex -
MSN - alexpar90
The Hurt Within: Steve -
MSN - eidos44
ZanasCross: Zach -
MSN - zaglamir

Also here is a link to the currently 'Open Polls' in the contest forum: everyone check this out - VOTES!!
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Jun 22, 2008,
Second post?!?!?! Could it be?

I'm greattttttt.

Or will be if I'm second post.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Let's start those pointless conversations
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Feb 13, 2008,

I'm amazed at the relevance so far . Anyhow, the movie comp is FINALLY up (blame my lazy ass). Go and vote! polls opened for four days .

On a side note, anyone got suggestions that, say, could make it in another movie comp?
pshhh I just need good movies suggestions...
^ You want something interesting

Today at work . I saw a pregnant lady smoking cigarette . I also smoke but Come on! She must have been 4-5 month pregnant and it really pissed me off , I went to her and said "its bad for your baby" . She started yelling at me on how responsible she is blah blah blah . In the end I was the one who apologized .

****ed up bitch.. I feel sorry for her unborn kid
Hi
Sorry that she is breathing in your second hand smoke too? lol pendantry ftw!
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
I think we might have made a bad judgement call in Mat posting the new community thread at 2am in the morning and apparently lack of sugar in his blood, or too much of it...

There's pink and stuff......................

This is not a pipe
Quote by carmel_l
I think we might have made a bad judgement call in Mat posting the new community thread at 2am in the morning and apparently lack of sugar in his blood, or too much of it...

About time there was a new one of these.

I just watched Leaving Las Vegas. How depressing.
omg first page reply 13dqsfkjhz

i have two essays to write in the next 22 hours. need to fit in three hours of tutorials and sleep as well. i should not be on here.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by carmel_l

but...but...

ahhh dammit you win!

i think only in new england can you get 4 inches of snow, with half an inch of ice, and then 3 inches of rain, all within 24 hours.

I love ankle-deep slush puddles.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
i think only in new england can you get 4 inches of snow, with half an inch of ice, and then 3 inches of rain, all within 24 hours.

I love ankle-deep slush puddles.

False, we have it in Kentucky currently too. 2 inches of ice, 1.5 inches of snow, and its been raining for almost an hour now.
Quote by ZanasCross
False, we have it in Kentucky currently too. 2 inches of ice, 1.5 inches of snow, and its been raining for almost an hour now.

In London we are...overcast.
Quote by ZanasCross

haha point taken.

i hate walking almost a mile to get to class in slush puddles. Our sidewalks flood, which is astonishing, since our school is built on a hill. I should have gone to a smaller school.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by Jammydude44
first post.

ha.

never done that before.

How is everybody? Long time no speaky.
Congrats on the first post thingy.

My writing sux lately. ... no, I mean worse than usual.

Missed you while you were gone. I owe you big, for all your help.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

My writing sux lately. ... no, I mean worse than usual.

my writing is nonexistent lately... sad.

on a lighter note(i hate puns) today is the first day i've seen the sun in weeks. its kind of restoring my faith in existence...

kind of
when birds flap their wings do the make believe they're really arms?
Quote by phantom1
zach, read your PMs or get on msn

Sorry, computer crisis. My computer updated, restarted, and for some reason changed its entire startup configuration which made my video card shut down and my network connections stop working. Thus I had to fix computer and then internet to get on. You are linked. Via PM
Bruins are goin down.

I'm talking to you rene!

yeah I know the score right now

Edit: congrats to joris for the user elimination thread. I wanted to be the one to bump him into the hall of fame... had it planned out too. 2039th post got him to 48 then the next person was supposed to get you to 49 then I could end it at the top of the next page.

but the next person didn't and I left to go sledding . Shirtless was NOT a good idea.

aww well it was fun and I got to show off
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Last edited by jiminizzle at Feb 13, 2008,
hi all, since i've been so blocked lately, i need a new way to waste time. so if anybody has a piece they'd like more crits on, you can pm me with a link or something. i might turn out to be useless, but i'll try to help.

ray
when birds flap their wings do the make believe they're really arms?
Quote by jiminizzle
Bruins are goin down.

I'm talking to you rene!

yeah I know the score right now

Edit: congrats to joris for the user elimination thread. I wanted to be the one to bump him into the hall of fame... had it planned out too. 2039th post got him to 48 then the next person was supposed to get you to 49 then I could end it at the top of the next page.

but the next person didn't and I left to go sledding . Shirtless was NOT a good idea.

aww well it was fun and I got to show off

At least the Leafs lost...wooooo.
So I was in a mental hospital for four days. If you ever get the chance to go, pass on it.

There was a black girl who kept attacking people and a young girl who swore that people were spying on her from all of the lighting fixtures.

But one of my friends bought me a Zach Galifianakis DVD while I was on the "inside."
Poor advice.
I'd hate to be in a mental hospital permanently. I guess if I had a serious problem I wouldn't mind or notice, but if you know you're slightly sane those places must be a bad experience.
Yeah, they're no place for depressed people. It's almost impossible to feel better.

But I'm on meds which don't do much except prevent me from being a mess on the outside. Inside, my organs are turning and I'm miserable.

Being alive is still terrible, but I may as well wait for it to end on it's own instead of rushing it.
Poor advice.