I've been playing for about two and half years. I've owned an ESP LTD F-50 for a year now. It's not the greatest guitar around, but it's done good for me. Last night I had a little showdown with a dude holdin a Dean ML with the whammy. He KICKED MY ASS. The effects from that guitar were just astounding, I couldn't believe it. Of course, I haven't experimented with very many guitars, but it really blew me away. He pulled off Halen's Eruption with no problem.

I've been wanting to buy a newer and better guitar for awhile now, and that really sealed the deal. So, I just have a few questions for those of you that have the knowledge I need.

After reading up on Whammys and they're effects, such as the crazy screeches you can turn pinch harmonics into, the pickups need to have a high amount of output. Since I've already explained how I don't know much about guitars and their hardware, I would like to know what kinds of pickups I should be looking for. Are there any other factors that come into play? Are there any specifications I need to be looking for before buying the guitar? BETTER YET, can anyone recommend a few brands that have a reasonable price tag?

I'll be posting a few links to the guitars I've looked at so far, to see what you guys think. Any help would definitely be appreciated. Thanks
first of all the guy kicked ur ass cus he's better than you, not b/c of the guitar.

but if you want a floyd rose then go for it. I have one and like it.
The fact that he was better than you had nothing to do with the guitar and everything to do with him. A trem won't magically make you better, it might actually make you worse for a while as you get used to it and figure out how to incorporate it into your playing.

First things first - budget?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Do you guys honestly I think that I don't realize he was better than me?

Allow me to explain myself. I would "like" to get a guitar with a Floyd Rose because I would "like" to be able to generate some of the noises that it offers, I just hadn't heard one in action until last night. Forgive me for enjoying it. And, I realize that it will take much practice with to incorporate it, and I am willing to work on it.

My budget will probably break from 800 to a grand. I can't really afford to go past that.
800 what? USD, GBP, Euros, Yen, Pesos?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
If you read your original post again it implies that the only reason you thought he was better was because he had a guitar with a Floyd - if you don't explain yourself properly you're bound to get misinterpreted.

If you want a guitar with a kick-ass floating bridge and decent pickups then look no further
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com