i was coming home from the city on the train yesterday and was reading the newspaper, at the next station, more ppl get on, and some random girl sits down next to me, and starts reading the same newspaper i was reading, once she had finished looking for anything interesting, she would look elsewhere, and then when i turned the page, she would look over again...i felt like i had to check if she had finished looking at the current page before i turned it over....would you accept someone doing this to you? normally i wouldnt, but for some reason i didnt mind this time, probably cause she was fairly attractive haha, but yea, tell me what you think, and vote
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
You should have talked to her. That situation didn't have to be so creepy.
D:
Signature.
She was hitting on you, dummy.

You shoulda got the digits.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Reading over shoulder = bad.

Unless you find the over shoulder reader attractive.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
You should definitely have spoken to her man.. definitely.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
She was hitting on you, dummy.

You shoulda got the digits.

Totally. If it was some dude sporting a paedophile smile then no, that's not cool, but a hot chick, you shoulda dove right in.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
She wasn't hitting on him, but it's an avenue for a conversation. And yeah, why would you wanna talk to a guy with a pedo-smile? Compare that to wanting to talk to an attractive girl.

You never know what he might have gotten out of it.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
she was NOT hitting on you. she was reading your paper. i do that shit sometimes. it doesnt mean i want to have sex with the person concerned.

similarly, i'd disagree about it being an opening. i dunno, i guess it could be, but nine times out of ten whatever you say is going to sound sarcastic. so its not the best.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I don't like when people read over my shoulders.
But myself and a friend done it on a train once to some bloke in a suit a year or two ago.

He was reading printouts which had diagrams of bombs on them.

EDIT: And yes, she is into you. Its like when your eyes cross with a stranger in the street. It of course means they want le butt sex.
Hurp De Durp
Last edited by Symphonic_Chaos at Feb 13, 2008,
Should've asked for some poontang.

Seriously though, why didn't you start talking to her?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
lol at savio, maybe i shoulda falcon punched her ahah

but wait a minute, for starters, its not like she was constantly looking, more nonchalant than i might have made it out to be, 2ndly, she had a ring on her finger, so i coulda made a complete fool of myself, 3rdly, wtf am i gonna say: "would you like the paper, you're reading it more than me anyway", 4thly, at the same time i was listening to my ipod, so id have to take my earphones out, and then talk to her, looks a lil desperate..

i have a love/hate relationship with my ipod, while i coulda been talking to this girl and possibly made something of it, alas my passion for 'all that remains' rang true lol....

what made it worse was 3/4 of the way thru the trip, she got out some study notes, and was studying the course i was doing the previous year...and i knew it all off by heart ahah
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
I find it massively annoying. What's worse is when you're on your laptop and your mate just sits and looks at everything you do, and everything you type.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Hot girls usually have hot friends as well. well, at least one hot friend..
and also, you have to remember my decision on whether she was attractive or not was based on what she looked like out of the corner of my eye, and quick glances at her,

and also, when i went to get off, she had to move, and didnt make any eye contact at all...
Quote by Blackvelvet

Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
She didn't make eye contact at that point 'cause you passively rejected her :P
Sounds like an out going girl, I see nothing wrong with what she did.

Saying that I wouldn't do it, though I have seen people doing it - Just not to the extremes she did. It goes too far into violating the whole "Personal Space" thing.
I would've randomly turned pages, skipped back some, forwards some, all at an unreasonable speed.
haahah, filthandfury, i kinda did that..unintentionally though

i went to turn to the next page, and i couldnt separate the pages...kept the suspense going ahah, all it was on the next page was the puzzles haahah
Quote by Blackvelvet

Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
Quote by Yakult
I find it massively annoying. What's worse is when you're on your laptop and your mate just sits and looks at everything you do, and everything you type.

"UREH!" "lolz" and "Ultimate-guitar.com"?