Basically what I want is your opinions on whether or not I should tidy this song up at all. As it is right now, it has been recorded with a headset mic, the acoustic playing is sloppy and out of time and there is just a placeholder solo over the top.

Now what I was wondering is: Does anyone like the general sound of the song at all? Is it something I should re-record the acoustic bit, actually write the solo that goes over the top instead of improvising (I'm pretty hopeless at it) and add some vocals?

Check it out and give me your criticisms. Do keep in mind that I've only been playing a few months so it's not going to be technically amazing whether I remake it or not.

It's in my profile .
Quote by Khann
Check it out and give me your criticisms. Do keep in mind that I've only been playing a few months so it's not going to be technically amazing whether I remake it or not.

It's in my profile .

First off forget technical and amazing. The general listener doesnt care if you play 2 chords over and over again. The person that has the ability to extract that deepest feeling from within and conveys that to the listener is imo where you want to be.

Ok. I liked it. I would keep that as an opening into the first verse/chorus whichever you choose. The swelling guitar in the background goes on to long. Try a few measures with the short swells and then add some longer ones for probably half the measures youve set for the short swells and go back and forth.

Then into a nice strumming chorus perhaps and back to what you have allready. Basically mix it up, toss in a bridge if you feel the need and youll have something.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!