I just started playing guitar two weeks ago (using a terrible learner's guitar). I had a decent chunk of cash to spend so I went out and purchased a new mexi-Fat Strat. I went to 3 different shops looks for a few particular guitars and this is the only thing I could find. It cost 400 dollars. After playing it for a few days, I noticed fret buzz on my D string and it's incredibly annoying.

So I'll cut to the chase - should I take it back and buy an Ibanez RG321 + Roland Cube 20X off MusiciansFriend? A few people recommended it to me based on my favorite genres (heavy, death, and black metal), and it's received good reviews.

So it's either a MIM Fat Strat, or an Ibanez RG321 + Roland 20x Cube. Also, if I did take back my MIM Fat Strat, would they charge me the 15% restocking fee despite them selling it to me right off their wall open box?
Just get them to do a setup. They should do it free under warantee.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
go buy the MIM fat strat... or wait what amp do you have? still the beginners thingy? if yes, go buy the ibanez and the roland cube...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
go buy the MIM fat strat... or wait what amp do you have? still the beginners thingy? if yes, go buy the ibanez and the roland cube...

I still have the beginner's amp :P

But if you're saying the Fat Strat is a better guitar, I guess I should go get the free set up.

I've never had a guitar set up by the way. How long does it take?