Hi all

I'm going through the Troy stetina book "Metal Lead Method vol.1" at the moment. Everything is peachy, besides 1 thing. Bending. Bending isnt hard in any way. But when i bend upwards, my nails catch the next string, and when i release the bend, that string is being picked by my left hand nails. I dont have long nails. Does it have anything to do with my string action, or is it something with my finger angle on the strings? I tried loads of things but i still pick the next string with my nails.
Havin very low string action can be difficult to bend esp at the lower frets...or u could juz learn to mute tat string wif ur right hand...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
and i normally dun have my action too low, if i can bend the third string at the 3rd fret wifout hitting the above string, bingo and i've got it...simple...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
If you bend your 4th string (G-string), where on your bending fingers will the 3rd string (D string) touch?
The exact same thing happened when I began learning to bend, simply keep practicing eventually you learn your way out.

Or i guess try bending without picking and then when you get it like that go from there
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Quote by ShredNChunk
If you bend your 4th string (G-string), where on your bending fingers will the 3rd string (D string) touch?

It would slightly, but i dun use much bending there, see wat works for you, wats ur range of bending throughout the fretboard yada yada, slighty raise action if needed, other than tat try to get ur left hand to compensate wif tat and use ur right hand to mute unwanted notes...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Try to angle your bending fingers downward so that your fingers slide slightly under the strings, or the string is pushed up my the dome of your fingernail.

Hope that makes sense....
If you have low action, it's pretty unavoidable. Try angling your fingers so that instead of your nail, your finger tip touches it. You can't avoid making the strings touch, but you can mute the ones you don't want to sound with your palm and with the rest of your fretting hand.