so i just saw this being mentioned as a great device in helping with music theory plus i saw my friend write a circle with notes around it before our test this afternoon.

anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
its mainly used in highly technical types of music such as greenday, and some indie bands.
Quote by Varkunus
its mainly used in highly technical types of music such as greenday, and some indie bands.

MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick

That got me too.

There's a lesson on it on UG somewhere.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Varkunus

your kidding right?
ok ill look it up on UG
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by Varkunus

??
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Its helpful, shows all the sharps and flats in a scale of a note Whilst scaling in the key of C there are no sharps or flats, and I cant really explain here, but google a diagram of it.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
i have i dno what it does, so the number are for sharps and flats?
to do with key sigs or what? wiki isnt much help..too verbose

~Napoleon Bonaparte
i sure hope so

~Napoleon Bonaparte
The circle of fifths is a chart that shows how key signatures are formed.

If you start at the key of c it's all natural so you go up a fifth to g. (c-d-e-f-g)
C: c-d-e-f-g-a-b

The key of G adds one sharp. To find the sharp go down a half step. So it adds an F#.
G: g-a-b-c-d-e-F#

Next is D it adds one sharp a half step down, C#. The keys are also cumulative so you add the sharps from the last key. (The F# from the key of G)
D: d-e-F#-g-a-b-C#

You keep going until you get to C# which is all Sharp.

Then the flats come in. I find it easier to rememberif you go up a fourth (or down a fifth) from c to get an f. the key of F has 1 flat, B flat.

If you look at the chart, the letter to the left of f is b which is an easy way to remember what the next flat is in the key.

The flats are cumulative also so in the key of b flat you have b flat and the note to the left of the b flat which is e flat.

That's basically how it works.

And here's the chart.

Last edited by Geartrigger at Feb 13, 2008,
thanks you very much

~Napoleon Bonaparte