Hi i own a FENDER LEAD III guitar and a VOX AD30VT.
I can't get that blink182 sound, and mostly not my guitar and amp to sound "screamy" i think my pickups are passive. Anyway would a change of amp or pickups give me more of this sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IencfKV2iuo

I play mostly: Green Day, Blink 182, Sum41, nofx, some rancid and a bit of that stuff.... Want to get more of the metal tone out of the amp, or at least it to be more "gain, sounding" cause when i turn up the gain everything turns muddy)

Here is some covers with my guitar (everything is GAIN: 6-9, TREBELE 7-10, MIDDLE 6-9 and BASS 4-6 and i play on NU metal and UK Mordern on all covers, as amp settings.

Cheers thanks for the help.
blink 182 was kinda cool like 5 years ago, go get yourself some job for a cowboy!!!
Why do you want to sound like blink182? Just go get your oldest monotone phone and take it into a public toilet and record 20 men simultaneously crapping diarrhea and then sing "say it aint so, i will never go, turn the lights off walkin me home" over the top of it. Cos that's what they sound like. Oh i'm sorry they're also very good at powerchords, yeah they have that downpat!
how the get the blink sound?

GET A 60 $ squier
Get a marshall mg 15
behringer distortion pedal and a really crappy cable
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I say change the amp. But it depends on your budget and willingness to spend some dough. If you stay with an amp that is more of a "modeling" amp like the vox or some of the other SS/Valve hybrids....... Then the type of guitar and pickups you have don't influence the sound as much as they would on an all valve system..... IE a high end Marshall, Vox, Orange, Mesa.....ect. ect.

So point being that I have 2 valve amps.... Vox AC30 and Orange AD30. And each of my guitars sounds totally different through them...... with the exception being the Ibanez can also do a really good Strat and LP tone as well. But the tone signature of each is unique.

But I also have a Digitech Studio Tube effects processor that I use to goof around with and on that thing it really doesn't matter what guitar I'm using. All 3 sound very close to each other in comparison to the real amp set up.

And the Digitech has what most of these Vox, Fender, Roland, Line6 and other lower-end amps have which is SS/12Ax7 tube combo's to get better distortion than the old-school SS amps..... but still don't have the Tone range of a high end amp.

So try some amps..... because switching guitars on that VoxAD is probably going to make less of a difference than you think.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Quote by SquierLolz
how the get the blink sound?

GET A 60 $ squier
Get a marshall mg 15
behringer distortion pedal and a really crappy cable

actually, blink 182 use (or used to at least) mesas. are you saying that what you listed above is what mesas sound like? are you deaf?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
actually, blink 182 use (or used to at least) mesas. are you saying that what you listed above is what mesas sound like? are you deaf?

i was kidding dahh lol
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
i was kidding dahh lol

it wasnt a good joke. jokes tend to need some grounding in reality to work. yours had none.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Better amp would make more of a difference

Decent tube, or if you're on a budget then a nice modelling amp would be cool. Blink used mesa's. There's a dual rec model on the L6 Flextone III.

Decent SS's are harder to come by, all i can think of atm is the Roland JC, but that's not really a blink style amp...
Adam