ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Get a job?

O sell stuff you don't need/want over ebay
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I take it none of you have jobs...because I only work like 10 hours a week and I make that much money in like 2 weeks...

Throw a party, get people to donate :S ?
Quote by _racy
thanks for replies, we all have jobs but nobody gets payed until after the recording dates so we need a way of generating cash in advance

Do it at home.
prostitution ftw
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Well it isn't THAT much...

Just all chip in a bit of your savings or something...
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
McDonalds
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by _racy
thanks for replies, we all have jobs but nobody gets payed until after the recording dates so we need a way of generating cash in advance

Why don't you approach a friend or relative and ask to borrow the money until you all get paid?
Mugging?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
hahaha hahah

hahah
hahahahaha

Dude honestly if thats relatively good recording quality then you should be jumping the fuck up and down. Around here, good recording costs $100+ a song, and if you're doing it by the hour, it can cost upwards of thousands of dollars.

Seriously, borrow it, or if you have any money in bank accounts? Idk, everyone in my band has jobs
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
hahaha hahah

hahah
hahahahaha

Dude honestly if thats relatively good recording quality then you should be jumping the fuck up and down. Around here, good recording costs $100+ a song, and if you're doing it by the hour, it can cost upwards of thousands of dollars.

Seriously, borrow it, or if you have any money in bank accounts? Idk, everyone in my band has jobs

I was thinking that it's really cheap for a recording. You'll probably want a buffer too because recording usually runs over what you allow for it..
Dude... Lemonade stand, old school style. You could even hire some little kids real cheap like the good old days for a better marketing ploy. Child labor ftw.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Seriously...thats like 2 weeks wages for me. Do none of you have jobs?

Quote by Rhitard
Car wash + bikinis :]

Bad idea, you never know, there could be another car wash right across the street with bikini clad models washing everyones car, while these guys only get the weird hick that wants them to wash his truck.

/bad reference.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Last edited by Cpt.Jackass at Feb 13, 2008,
yeah the thing is we got some money in the fund already from some other gigs which is why we need that ammount and our next gigs aint till the end of the month, but yeah thanks for the replies
Quote by Donaldguitar
Record at home. It's cheaper and you'll get to know music production.

Cheaper?

The cost of the mics alone (even cheap all purpose ones) would be as much as if not more than his budget.

A low cost audio interface would be around £100

And unless you've taken a course in music tech, whatever tiny amounts about music production you learn would be out wieghed by the terrible recordings.
Last edited by rizo299 at Feb 13, 2008,
How many people in your band?

Split it that many ways...be easy to raise say £40 each than £120 in one go
If each member donates some sperm you'll be rolling in it! If you all miss the cup you'll be rolling in sperm instead though...always think of the risks kids
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Just borrow and pay it back if you get paid after recording date, OR reschedule it.
psykopoo:
moron, spelt paedofile wrong
I wouldn't even bother with the recording. £128? It's going to be sh*t quality.

Save up around £500 and then go and record in a half decent studio. It'll be worth it, nobody wants to listen to a **** quality demo.
If you need a few quick quid short term, try doing "chores" or helping people out with little jobs here and there.
Quote by treflip
I wouldn't even bother with the recording. £128? It's going to be sh*t quality.

Save up around £500 and then go and record in a half decent studio. It'll be worth it, nobody wants to listen to a **** quality demo.

No they'd rather listen to over-produced twaddle.
Quote by rizo299
Cheaper?

The cost of the mics alone (even cheap all purpose ones) would be as much as if not more than his budget.

A low cost audio interface would be around £100

And unless you've taken a course in music tech, whatever tiny amounts about music production you learn would be out wieghed by the terrible recordings.

I suppose but if they saved and got a good quality studio. It would be far cheaper in the long run.
get your mum to lend it to you and pay her back when you get paid
Quote by colen
wtf is a gibson fender tellecaster
Hey guys,

Another member of the same band here:

- Yes, recording at home would be shocking. We could theoretically get the guitars and vocals down with the gear I have, but recording the drums would be a bitch.
- About the cheapness of the whole thing. We have already taken away from the cost the money we have, plus the studio provides a 35% discount for the unwaged. We have the full discount as we are all students.
- We are hopefully going in for 20 hours. Split into two days. One day will be for recording, the second for mixing. Having cut a disc with a previous band, we managed 6 songs in this time, of a good quality. We are going for less songs this time, but with a higher quality.
- Also, about knowledge of music technology, myself and Racy are actually both music technology students with prospects for a degree course in music production. We know our stuff fairly well. All that we don't know is where we're going to get this cash from.

And also, the reason we have to record now is that we're doing it with a company who are going to put this out for us. In addition to that, we've booked the launch party gig .
I'm assuming none of you work? Because you could get that money in like one week if you each chipped in 1/8 of your pay. And still have money left over to go to the cinema...have some frozen yogurt...or whatever the hell teens do nowadays.
Try and play some decent gigs, maybe parties as they tend to pay fees. Our band needed £200 to record half our album, and we've managed to collect the £400 we needed for the whole album through gigging.

EDIT: also, how many members are in your band? Remember that dividing the fee between the members substantially reduces the amount you'd need to raise - when we recorded our first EP, we all provided £30 each and that amounted to the £150 fee required.

A job each would easily cover the amount you'd need, even if you're a three piece.
Page 1 of 2