Does anyone here own this pedal or at least tried it? I heard the clips on youtube and it sounds pretty sweet. I bought one yesterday on ebay for 80 bux since an auction was ending and it seemed pretty reasonable. It's going to be put to a fender blues deluxe. Just curious what you guys think of the pedal. UG doesnt have a review.
You bought it without knowing anything about it?
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
pretty much, just heard the youtube clips........i didnt want something that everyone has and this thing is hard to find in a store
I heard about that pedal. I was wondering if it was any good. Its supposed to be a super heavy pedal.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
i'll try to post a review of it on here when i get it. i'm not sure if they allow anyone to review gear.
I think anyone can.
I think it's got a little fuzz mixed in.
Now it's 1984
Yeah, I watched some videos. It seems ok.

You know what pisses me off about videos on gear? This is obviously more of a hard rock/metal pedal and you get these assholes who review it and play crappy blues through it and it sounds ridiculous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dK84JHpbw

This guy actually plays what you are supposed to with this pedal.

The palm muted notes sound kinda ****ty, might just be his settings though. I like the chunky palm muted sound.
Last edited by nebiru at Feb 13, 2008,
He reviews some other stuff. Check his other videos out. That dude has some cash. He has all kinds of guitars and effects.
Quote by nebiru
Yeah, I watched some videos. It seems ok.

You know what pisses me off about videos on gear? This is obviously more of a hard rock/metal pedal and you get these assholes who review it and play crappy blues through it and it sounds ridiculous.

Crappy blues?
Now it's 1984
Yeah, meaning they can't play. And then they are using high distortion and playing blues licks with it. It sounds retarded.
Quote by nebiru
Yeah, meaning they can't play. And then they are using high distortion and playing blues licks with it. It sounds retarded.

Oh, I see.

Like the Gearwire asshole?
Now it's 1984
Quote by thellamaking
That bloke from Gearwire has the personality of a cardboard box.

and he's constantly mistaking about how many knobs there are on pedals.
on the TS808: 'so there are 3 knobs here...', but he always forgets he's a knob too
Yea I found out about this pedal a couple of months back through the YouTube videos. I was lucky enough to get to try it up in Liverpool before I bought it though. Frikkin brilliant pedal.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Feb 13, 2008,
I avoid Gearwire completely.. you just know everything he plays is gonna sound the same; sh*t.
404: Sig not found.
No, you guys don't even know.

Go to youtube, and look for the Gearwire Les Paul Shootout. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life, bar none.

At one point, Dan the greaseball utters the following line;

"I didn't know you could coil tap covered humbuckers lol!"
Now it's 1984