start learning songs by ear? I mean it's gonna take some time, but it's more rewarding right?
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
yes.

I wish I had time to do it.

The biggest advantage is being able to play songs that decent tabs don't exist for.
Why not? The only song i ever successfully learned to play by ear is the guitar part from Duelling Banjos lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Of course, I try to do it as much as I can, it can get frustrating but it helps train your musical ear I think.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
i wish i could learn....but i have the worst pitch recognition ever. i wouldn't be able to tell you what note my bassoon or guitar is playing if i weren't playing it, and I play those two all the time.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
i wish i could learn....but i have the worst pitch recognition ever. i wouldn't be able to tell you what note my bassoon or guitar is playing if i weren't playing it, and I play those two all the time.

I'm the same.. I was lucky when I was in band in school when the teacher made us do the note recognition parts... because he played trombone and so did I so I just mimicked him haha.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It does take time, but i don't use tabs anymore. It makes freestyle jamming so much easier, and kinda helps you understand how the song was composed, furthering your own song writing. Start with easy stuff, asnd you'll notice patterns in songwriting, then you realise that quite alot of music is fairly cliche.
Drive me home Jeeves