Just to clear things up, boot camp is a new feature in Mac OS X Leopard which allows you to run windows xp or vista natively on an intel mac.
I'm running windows right now, but I would like to restart using my OS X partition.
Help?!!!
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
so you're not going to boot camp?

loooooool when i read the thread title i thought the same lol...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
so you're not going to boot camp?

lol I thought the same
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Ugh, google it.

When your iMac first starts, press and hold the option key, you can then choose what OS to boot.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by rworsl
simple solution: Buy a PC

Why on earth would I want to do that?
edit: actually just changed my mind, let's not turn this thread into a mac v PC thread...
because it's just plainly better than anything apple has produced.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
Why on earth would I want to do that?
edit: actually just changed my mind, let's not turn this thread into a mac v PC thread...

So you dont use something better than him. So your stuck in the slums of viral infections, hard configurations, and over dramatic, and might I add, annoying error messages.
Quote by rworsl

retard

and to clear up TS, bootcamp has been around for a few years now, its not a "new" feature
Quote by rworsl

*pats little PC user on the head*

Have you ever used a Mac for more than 10 mins?
guys guys guys, lets not turn this into a PC vs MAC war

*cough* mac is way better than windows in almost every way *cough*
Quote by Ehh
*pats little PC user on the head*

Have you ever used a Mac for more than 10 mins?

Yes, I have. And they are nothing but a complete pile of wank.

But it's fine, if you want to try and stick to your little fashion accessories then go ahead.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I guess your right. Ignorant minds can never be changed. I dont mind when people generally dislike OS X, or Apple in general, but at least have something better than 'because PC is better'.

Unlike PC, Mac has adapted to tools, and has even allowed Windows to run on its machines. Can you honestly say your PC is a piece of art? Have you ever used it as a focal point in your room? Theyre so clean, and simplistic, yet accomplish so much, with so little effort.

Damn, I sound like a nerd.
Quote by rworsl
Yes, I have. And they are nothing but a complete pile of wank.

But it's fine, if you want to try and stick to your little fashion accessories then go ahead.

Still waiting on some decent opinions, not those of a 10 year old.
Quote by Ehh
I guess your right. Ignorant minds can never be changed. I dont mind when people generally dislike OS X, or Apple in general, but at least have something better than 'because PC is better'.

Unlike PC, Mac has adapted to tools, and has even allowed Windows to run on its machines. Can you honestly say your PC is a piece of art? Have you ever used it as a focal point in your room? Theyre so clean, and simplistic, yet accomplish so much, with so little effort.

No, you sound like someone who is completely wrapped up in the way their computer looks on the outside rather than how it performs.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

What games should I download now that I have windows?
Quote by rworsl
No, you sound like someone who is completely wrapped up in the way their computer looks on the outside rather than how it performs.

will you just **** off, go make your own thread if you want a mac v pc war....
Quote by Ehh
Still waiting on some decent opinions, not those of a 10 year old.

its his opinion, but it would be nice to see some support or reasoning behind his opion
Quote by rworsl

You obviously didnt read what I had to say.

Edit: This is getting old and lame. I simply said that it takes such little effort to perform the most complex tasks. Other than that, this is lame as hell. Have fun arguing. Its overdone, and we all know how this will go.
Quote by Ehh

Didn't I?

So what "tools" has apple ever adapted their Macs for?
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl

Macs run better, faster, and with less errors than 95% of pc's

also, the fasted non boutique computer to run vista is a MAC, irony!
Quote by nt1440
Macs run better, faster, and with less errors than 95% of pc's

also, the fasted non boutique computer to run vista is a MAC, irony!

Do you want to know why the run faster? It's because they aren't laden with programs. As they have the inability to run a lot of prgrams, they have more free resources.

The errors argument isn't particularly applicable here, as most PC's are built using parts from multiple different vendors, and are easy to upgrade whenever and wherever. Mac users aren't particularly renowned for being big fans of modding and upgrading.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Last edited by rworsl at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by rworsl
Do you want to know why the run faster? It's because they aren't laden with programs. As they have the inability to run a lot of prgrams, they have more free resources.

The errors argument isn't particularly applicable here, as most PC's are built using parts from multiple different vendors, and are easy to upgrade whenever and wherever. Mac users aren't particularly renowned for being big fans of modding and upgrading.

are you stupid? when benchmarking an OS there arent any other programs in use, other than the testing ones

its not my fault ur precious windows is a processor/RAM hog
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
Anybody know how I can get windows to choose my built in audio as the default audio output?

i believe it should do that automatically, otherwise id check to see if your speakers are enabled (in windows) in the device manager
Quote by nt1440
are you stupid? when benchmarking an OS there arent any other programs in use, other than the testing ones

its not my fault ur precious windows is a processor/RAM hog

Calm down fanboy. Actually, for me Windows isn't a "processor/RAM hog" I currently have about a doezen applications open, including graphics software (maya) and videos playing in the background, and there isn't a single bit of slowdown at all. And all of that isoperating on a mid-level machine with quite a poor graphics card.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

i like that my mac looks good. whats wrong with that? i like things that are well designed. people who don't are idiots.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i like that my mac looks good. whats wrong with that? i like things that are well designed. people who don't are idiots.

There's nothing wrong with liking how something looks, liking style over substance is a different thing though IMO.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
There's nothing wrong with liking how something looks, liking style over substance is a different thing though IMO.

but it is factually incorrect to say that macs lose substance in the pursuit of style. for the vast majority, macs do everything they need them do and do so more simply, besides also looking really nice as they do it. furthermore, if you want it, there is a lot of depth in OSX. there are some swell things that can be done in terminal. ergo, they rule.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I fully agree, that's why I choose mac.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
but it is factually incorrect to say that macs lose substance in the pursuit of style. for the vast majority, macs do everything they need them do and do so more simply, besides also looking really nice as they do it. furthermore, if you want it, there is a lot of depth in OSX. there are some swell things that can be done in terminal. ergo, they rule.

I never said that one=the other.

I was trying to say that picking something based solely on how it looks isn't the best way to do things.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Please girls, don't discuss wich one is better, we said few times that we don't want this "pc vs mac" ****... so pleas stay adult..
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by nt1440
guys guys guys, lets not turn this into a PC vs MAC war

*cough* mac is way better than windows in almost every way *cough*

Fail, having a PC doesn't mean using Windows.

*cough* Macs are overpriced and noobs like you only buy cause they look shiny*cough*
ok guys, new problem. How do I find my Lacie external harddisc on windows? I installed the driver and windows recognised it but I cant seem to find out how to access it... help? shouldnt it be under "my computer"?