I would think that they would come up with something a little easier to remember, not RGFX2004859ZFTREMBI (maybe i exaggerated a little bit)
Hello
they're not even that hard... they just tell you wich series and wich number in the series the guitar is...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
I agree, the names the use for their guitars has prevented me from bothering to recognize and identify any one of their guitars.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
totally agree.
bad imagenation(?) i guess?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by MXBoy11
I would think that they would come up with something a little easier to remember, not RGFX2004859ZFTREMBI (maybe i exaggerated a little bit)

thats a model number. a lot of them have names which are abbreviated to make the model number.. but i can't remember them, except for jet king being JTK.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The names are slightly pretentious, and also part of a marketing con... Can't be bothered to explain - Sorry that is a terrible excuse.

Basically the 1570 doesn't sound anyway near as good as the 2570E - even though they aren't that far apart.

Saying that I'd far rather have the 2570 because of the nicer finishes, in lays, pick ups and presentation - plus the new colours are nice! The gold ones a nice textured one and the white pick guarded one looks super nice.

/went off on one a bit there but it makes sense.
RG1570

rg=body shape
15=series i.e. the quality of the guitar.
70= the hardware configuration
any letters after the name specify extra details e.g. QM=quilted maple, MH=mahogany

it's not that hard
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Nothing hard about it. If you read the specs and compare them to the model name, you should see the references. You have to be rather retarded not to.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Lemoninfluence
RG1570

rg=body shape
15=series i.e. the wuality of the guitar.
70= the pickup configuration
any letters after the name specify extra details e.g. QM=quilted maple, MH=mahogany

it's not that hard

True that, still the 2570 is worth the extra cash imho... Though it is all opinion.
Quote by Jackolas
True that, still the 2570 is worth the extra cash imho... Though it is all opinion.

I was just using that as an example to explain the way the names are made.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah, i know what they mean, i just dont get why they dont give them a name that people will remember like Dot, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Paul, Hell Raiser.
Hello
Quote by phillyguitar
Hah!

I agree, I like companies that actually name their guitars. Makes the guitar seem to have a personality, not just a number.

RG = Rock Guitar
RGT = Rock Guitar Thru
RGA = Rock Guitar Arched
S = Saber
IC = Iceman
DT = Destroyer
SR = Soundgear
ATK = Attack
JTK = Jet King
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by phillyguitar
Hah!

I agree, I like companies that actually name their guitars. Makes the guitar seem to have a personality, not just a number.

yeah, but u can give it a name urself... i told my guitar hannah pinchy, for short: miss pinchy... don't ask me why... please... lol.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by MXBoy11
Yeah, i know what they mean, i just dont get why they dont give them a name that people will remember like Dot, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Paul, Hell Raiser.

yeah like the les paul classic, standard, studio, classic antique, custom, classic custom, supreme, digital and BFG all for one line of guitars.

at least with this approach you can tell something about the specs without having to read the spec scheet first.

Quote by element4433
It does look like jibberish but after a while you start to see letters corresponding with certain details of the guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by Green_Jelly
RG = Rock Guitar
RGT = Rock Guitar Thru
RGA = Rock Guitar Arched
It's not "rock guitar", it's a Roadstar guitar. Whereas RB was a Roadstar Bass.

Ibanez has fantastic nomenclature. The name tells you damn near everything you need to know about the guitar.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Only thing that isn't on there is that and "x" at the end means it has a piezo. Oh and Double Edges are not on the list.

Ibanez's naming system really is one of the few that makes sense.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN