Today in London, an Australian guy was looking for a '62 strat to accompany his '62 jazz master, he was awful, could barely play, his chords sounded like a 4 year old had fingered them, and the shop workers just encouraged him to buy.
So what? You don't need to be a good driver to buy a corvette, either.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
They can't refuse to serve somebody in a music shop simply because they can't play well.
Yeah, their in it for the money tho arent they? Its not like they are gonna say, look mate ur **** theres no point in this why not save your money.... I never have faith in retail anyway its all about the swee, sweet moolah
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
dude you sound like the kid who just found out there's no santa
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Quote by _Tim_
Today in London, an Australian guy was looking for a '62 strat to accompany his '62 jazz master, he was awful, could barely play, his chords sounded like a 4 year old had fingered them, and the shop workers just encouraged him to buy.
Welcome to Retail, Welcome to London especially, and Welcome to Capitalism . If there are dumb mugs with money in the same place, you can audibly hear the till go 'Ding!' in the back of their minds...
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
don't see anything wrong with that. if the guy has the money and enjoys playing guitar, there's no reason he shouldn't buy a nice strat. and it's the shop worker's job to sell it to him.
Are you an idiot? Of course the workers are going to let him buy it, there's no Minimum Talent required to own an instrument, the fact that he has the money for it shows he's 100% more deserving of it than you or anyone who doesn't, because he's worked for it.

Jesus Christ...
Funny words.
Considered the fact that maybe owning such a guitar could be the encouragement for him to play, and practice, and become excellent? And if he's got the money, why not let him spend it on whatever the hell he wants?
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
some people just have more money than talent, i know people that i'm way better than on guitar, they make more money, and constantly buy equipment i'd love to have, that they don't need. sure it makes me jealous, but i get by on what i have, thats life...
Quote by agreth_3rd
don't see anything wrong with that. if the guy has the money and enjoys playing guitar, there's no reason he shouldn't buy a nice strat. and it's the shop worker's job to sell it to him.

exactly, has nothing to do with music shops. If those guys didn't sell him the guitar he was happy with, then there would be a problem.

Maybe there is something in you that doesn't like someone who can't play guitar but can afford a nice one buying one? Happens all the time my friend.
He was just pretending to look like a noob on guitar, you know low profile. Or else some random dude will sit next time him and shred till his face melt off.
R.A.G.E.
Would you refuse someone service because they were crappy players? I know I wouldn't. It's not a big deal. That's the guy's stupidity for buying nice guitars when he can't play.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
The guy also sounds like a collector to me which gives him even more reason to buy it. Either way anybody that worked for their money can spend it whatever way they want to. Glad he found a nice guitar which he will most likely look after very well, as he can still very much appreciate the guitar, even if he isn't the greatest player out there.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Some people get crazy nervous when they play in front of people too. Most players just play by themselves in their house. Put them in an audition situation, and their hands start shaking and can't fret a chord worth a damn. I was real bad about that before I started playing at church, and that was just 2 months ago. I bought a hand made custom guitar at Christmas that a guy backed out on, was supposed to be a $2,800 guitar but the shop, who was my instructor, got stuck with it, so I got it for 1/3 of that. First time I played it was in front of him and I was so nervous and excited that I literally could not play worth a damn at all. I know exactly what that guy was going through and I think it's pretty retarded that you think that buying a nice instrument should have some kind of an audition to determine if you're worthy to own it.
I really can't imagine music stores having stickers next to their guitars saying "you must be this good (insert level of skill) to buy this guitar"
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Are you an idiot? Of course they want him to buy an expensive guitar, the money he spends goes to them.

And if he wants to buy the guitar, why not? If he carries on practicing, then he'll get better and have a great guitar to learn on instead of having to buy a great guitar further down the line.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Welcome to the world of retail.

Subscribe today for your free chance to win an all expenses paid trip to reality!
hue
well i dont know about anyone else, but i dont go to shops to perform i go to buy.......