I need to know how an acoustic guitar works

Like how it amplifys sound and the physics and stuff

Thanks alot

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
The sound bounces off the interior of the guitar and comes out through the soundhole. Thats basically how it operates
the guitar's body is a resonator. the strings oscillate and the body reacts to the oscillation by oscillating itself. The body is hollow because so it can amplify these oscillation even more. A tone is always composed of so called overtones : the composition of the overtones is determined by the resonating body
Yeah but how does it move the air and stuff?

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Its a project

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
it is simple : oscillating bodys send viobrations through the air (it's basically air particles moving back and forth : it spreads like a wave). the strings vibrations themselves is very weak and almost not hearable (play an electric guitar without amp and you not what i mean) the acoustics body however vibrates with the strings (these are basics of physics : bodys resonate to oscillation) and thereby the acoustic guitars wooden body sents out these vibrations as well but far louder
Thanks alot guys

This is awesome

But still post if you get anymore info

Thanks

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
In all types of guitars, the sound is produced by the vibration of the strings. However, because the strings can only displace a small amount of air, the volume of the sound needs to be increased in order to be heard. In an acoustic guitar, this is accomplished by using a soundboard and a resonant cavity, the sound box. The body of the guitar is hollow. The vibrating strings drive the soundboard through the bridge, making it vibrate. The soundboard has a larger surface area and thus displaces a larger volume of air, producing a much louder sound than the strings alone. (from wikipedia)

The soundboard a large wooden board on the inside of the guitar. That should explain it completey i think
Google is your friend. Just Google how does an acoustic work and I bet you get at least a handful of sites.
Thanks alot guys

It really helped

But post some more

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!