We are proud to announce that Bridge Nine Records has signed Providence, RI’s long-running hardcore band VERSE. The band will be entering God City Studios in Salem, MA & The Getaway Group Studios in MA with engineer Jay Maas this week to being tracking what will become their THIRD full-length album for Bridge Nine, titled Aggression, set to hit US stores June 10th and worldwide stores that same week.

In a day and age where hardcore bands have a shelf-life limited to a few years, and third albums are rare and usually past the prescribed shelf-life, Verse is a band that has retained the energy & purpose of a new band after five years and two monumental full-lengths, 2004’s Rebuild and 2006’s From Anger And Rage, both released on California’s Rivalry Records (who will still be handling the vinyl release of Aggression). Frontman Sean Murphy clarified, “Kyle [Rivalry] has always been supportive of Verse and we’re excited to be working with Bridge Nine with his blessing, but we still get to have a relationship & connection to the label that helped get our band off the ground and that was very important for us.”

Verse has hit the international road making a name for themselves as they shared the stage with Bane, Have Heart, Comeback Kid, Evergreen Terrace & many, many more. But what makes Verse a band with staying power and identity is that they take a powerful, dynamic, and passionate performance both on record & tape and infuse it with a political and social backbone that is all but lost in the hardcore scene. Punknews.org agreed when reviewing From Anger And Rage, saying, “Hardcore, plain and simple, needs more bands like Verse- More bands that can match their own passion and intensity with the skill to parlay it into something memorable.”

Murphy continued on, "You used to go to shows and you couldn't escape the tables with animal rights and leftist literature, the different flyers, distros, and a strong sense of action & interest as a scene. It's almost like kids choose to avoid reality. It seems like very few are compassionate anymore. No one says anything on the stage. We don't beat the message over anyone's heads, but it's very important to us that we provide reading lists in our records & other outlets for information because it's that same thing I had growing up, that level of awareness was there and undeniable."

Aggression will be unleashed June 10th. Expect Verse to stay out of Rhode Island as much of this year as possible.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
I read that earlier today.

Amazing. B9 is really an awesome label.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
This should be really tasty. Rage was genius.

I downloaded Rebuild the other day, just to hold me off til i buy , and no to many tracks caught my ear, unlike Rage. Saying this, i like Rage more than Rebuild, which seems like a somewhat different opinion respecting their releases.
Quote by Bridge 9
We are very excited to announce that Verse has posted the first song from their Bridge Nine debut full-length Aggression titled "The New Fury."

Recorded with Jay Mass at the Getaway Group and Kurt Ballou at God City, Aggression is a statement. Hardcore bands rarely reach their third full-length album, and when they do, it's rarely their most urgent, passionate and cathartic release-but Verse is different.

For those who do not want to wait to hear more new material- a limited edition EP titled "Story Of A Free Man" will be available the first week in May. Limited to 1000 copies, "Story Of A Free Man" is an incredible achievement in hardcore songwriting.

While it appears in its entirety on Aggression this is a three song movement that chronicles addiction, family collapse, and the ultimate rebirth and survival-it's an ambitious endeavor and the its something that deserves its own proper release while June 10th still seems far away.

A full-US tour with Verse for late June/July will be announced with dates shortly. A full European tour will be announced soon as well.

Verse is no stranger to the road and expect Aggression to be unavoidable this year.

New song up!
The quality/production sounds really good.
Can not wait for the new album.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
i dont like the new song at all.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
it sounds to me like the intro/that part would fit great in like a Thursday song or something like that minus the vocals, and the heavy part after that is just really boring musically. the octave's they play over the

3 2 2 2 2
1 0 0 0 0

part are really predictable and repetitive
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
it sounds to me like the intro/that part would fit great in like a Thursday song or something like that minus the vocals, and the heavy part after that is just really boring musically. the octave's they play over the

3 2 2 2 2
1 0 0 0 0

part are really predictable and repetitive

I know what you mean. The song reminds me of Lost off the last album, sort of interlude track? haha
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
im pleased for them, but they better not change their style of music...bands have a horrible tendancy to do that when they get signed
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
im pleased for them, but they better not change their style of music...bands have a horrible tendancy to do that when they get signed

they were signed before bridge 9 lolz
Quote by HxC73107
yeah but i mean...now theyre signed to B9

but B9 are a good label, i dont think theyd let that happen
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Last edited by XCount Me InX at Apr 15, 2008,