im looking for something thats somewhat good quality but not too pricey so i can record myself playing rythym so i can play lead over it. what would the pit suggest?
audacity and some audio cables :p
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Line 6 Toneport
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Depends on how much you wanna spend.

For really good quality you could get an MBox 2 of some sort which comes with Pro Tools software.

Or you could download a free multi-track software and get some audio cables or mabye even a USB microphone
Actually, you won't get high quality doing this, but use garage band. It's so easy and i think it might be standard on apples. I've tried it once, but I have to warn you the quality isnt that good. Just press the record button on the screen and play though your amp. Hook a mic into your computer too.
Quote by Weenie_Beenie
Depends on how much you wanna spend.

For really good quality you could get an MBox 2 of some sort which comes with Pro Tools software.

Or you could download a free multi-track software and get some audio cables or mabye even a USB microphone

where could i get the audio cables or the microphone?
What i use is a 14 dollar mic (wich you can get at any store with an electroics section)with a torn t shirt taped aroud it(wich acts as a wind screen) and the windows default recorder. It works pretty nicely for acoustic stuff.
Team Coco
Quote by deathbat831
where could i get the audio cables or the microphone?

Cmon now deathbat....

Music stores sell microphones...Yeh never know..they'll sell the audio cables too
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

not the greatest... but it does what your asking for...
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Quote by KevP714
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

not the greatest... but it does what your asking for...

yeah i use the Toneport and audacity... works awesome
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical