ok i need to no how to get my bass to sound like fieldys (bassist from korn) listen to got the life live i want my bass to sound like that any thoughts on how?
1. Start slapping.
2. Turn down your mids all the way.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
ok but do i need any effects coz it doesnt sound right

my amp only has

gain bass mid treble volume
your strings might not be the right gauge for that sound...
Last edited by gibsonfirebird at Feb 13, 2008,
well maybe you do, gauge is uhh how can i explain that.. the string thickness :O..
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
you musn't slap, you have to finger the strings but VERY hard. And if you have a four string, you should bring the key down. For example, if you tune the E string to B you will have super Fieldy sounds, but you won't play their tracks in usual way :p

But try to tune E to B. (down of course) It's incredible.
You can play Audioslave's "Gasoline" with Fieldys sounds
Tip:
Buy the K5, restring with only stainless steel strings when you need to restring.
Find out what amp he has, buy that.
And spend ages ****ing around with the EQ to get his tone.
Then to complete his sound you need to learn his technique, which I believe was a mix of hard slapping with his thumb and pinky.

And remember, he always says he's a drummer trapped in a bassists body, so think drums.

That's the only way you're going to sound like him I'm afraid.
Why you would want to sound like him I don't know, he has a terrible tone/technique IMO. But granted he is actually a good bassist and it works for him in KoRn.

I'm finding it so difficult to flame you for your typing. But I'll be nice.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Really, turn off your mids completely, and crank your treble until it's harsh and unpleasant like it is in Fieldy's tone. Raise that bass to your liking.

Adjust your truss rod so the neck is almost completely straight (almost, maybe half a dime's thickness of relief).

Lower the action as low as it can get without some notes being dead.

Play as hard or as soft as you want, there's no way to escape that awful clicking with a setup like that.

Oh, and get an amp without a tweeter, or a small tweeter. If the tweeter's powerful, those clicks will sound a thousand times worse and probably give you a headache. An Ampeg 810 should do the trick - no tweeter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
As I read through these replies I couldn't decide who I wanted to quote and type +1. =/
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.