i guess this attempt's pointless but anyway :

someone got an idea what the integral of (2e^x) / (2 + e^x)^2 is?
out teacher told us to use substitution but i just can't seem to solve this one...
yes im good maths took my a levels in year 9, and if u hadnt of said maths geek i would of helped you, u can be inteligent and not be a noobing geek, douche bag
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
yes im good maths took my a levels in year 9, and if u hadnt of said maths geek i would of helped you, u can be inteligent and not be a noobing geek, douche bag

Lol, be proud to be a geek instead of feeling insulted!
let

u=2 + Exp(x)
du=Exp(x)dx

inserting gives

Integral{ (2 / u^2)*du } = 2 * Integral{ du/(u^2) }

Now solve that.
wooohooo theres somebody who is easiyl offended...
actually i'm good at informatics physics and math (even if i cant just get this integral right, all A's this year (13th grade)) and people sometimes call me geek but i dont give a ****
Man, that's hard.
Can you do it by parts?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
thx @ logic Smogic i already did it that way in the end i get : - 1 / (2 + e^x) but that unfortunately doesnt seem to be right
Realize that using my substitution, you just need to find the integral of 1/u^2, and then insert u=2*Exp(x).

EDIT: ^ Oh? ...hmm

EDIT2: (down below).. yeah, the Integrator says log.
Last edited by Logic Smogic at Feb 13, 2008,
ah goddammit i found a mistake : i put a constant in front of the integral sign and forgot to calculate it in in the end... damn
i think i got it now
thanks everyone (except the guy who got so pissed over nothing^^)
No problem. I almost never have to do integrals these days (Dirac does'em for me!).. so it's good practice to do stuff like this.
That might take a while.

If you understand the chain rule, use it on the top and bottom of the fraction.
y=[f(x)]^n then dy/dx= n[f(x)]^(n-1) [f'(x)]

Then differentiate the whole thing using quotient rule.

Quotient rule: y= f/g then dy/dx= [g(x)f'(x)-f(x)g'(x])/[g(x)]^2

I'm going to assume that you know how to differentiate e.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by GuitarManDan15

Maybe you're good at math but where is the grammar?

And I don't even know what an integral is... I thought I was pretty good at math too.. I'm in 9th grade. Am I supposed to know what that is?...
Quote by Jonjy2
Maybe you're good at math but where is the grammar?

And I don't even know what an integral is... I thought I was pretty good at math too.. I'm in 9th grade. Am I supposed to know what that is?...

No, I didn't take calculus until I was a senior in High School, and now I'm a physicist. So no, I wouldn't worry about anything.