I've never really listened to american indie but i'm quite liking death cab, besised the killers and cold war kids, what other american indie/soft rock bands are there? preferably like death cab

thanks much
The Stills are good. Logic Will Break Your Heart, specifically. Well, actually, they're Canadian. But that's technically in North America.

You could also try Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. Broom, specifically. Or the Shins. Chutes Too Narrow, specifically.

Or if you like bubble-gum pop, try Apples In Stereo. The Discovery of a World Inside the Moone or Fun Trick Noisemaker or Tone Soul Evolution, specifically.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Feb 13, 2008,
I think you'd like Elliott Smith. Check out his album XO, then work backwards. Check out Built to Spill as well. Listen to songs from 'There's Nothing Wrong with Love' as a starting point.
as far as indie goes my 2 faves are The Goodlife and Bright Eyes
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
And Pavement and Yo La Tengo, naturally. But you already knew that, riiiiiiight?
Quote by K-Lizzle
And Pavement and Yo La Tengo, naturally. But you already knew that, riiiiiiight?

As awesome as they are, they don't sound an awful lot like Death Cab
I know. I just figured I'd throw them in, since we're talking about amazing American bands.

And, on that note, listen to the Strokes.
Nada Surf. They have a new album out soon.

I was in a similar situation a few months back, I didn't find too many bands though
Quote by clearchaos
check out the Postal Service.

it's ben gibbard's side project.

+1 for the Postal Service.

Youth Group are a pretty popular indie band from down here in Australia.
A few of their songs have a sort of DCFC sound.

Definitely check out their 2005 album 'Skeleton Jar', songs like Piece of Wood, Shadowland, and Baby Body are amazing - underrated stuff but brilliant nonetheless.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
i second the postal service and nada surf.
also check out the most serene republic's first album.
and just get more death cab, i'm assuming that if you're just getting into them, you're into their newer stuff, which pales in comparison to their old material.
Postal Service since it's the same song writer (good ol' Bennie Gibber )
I'll also second Modest Mouse... some of their stuff sounds kinda similar. Other than that, it depends on what your looking for. The thing about Death Cab is that their lyrics are amazing... but so is their music. Bright Eyes matches and probably surpasses Death Cab lyrically, but probably not musically. Check 'em out. Kinda hard to get into if you don't like Conor's voice.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Quote by someloudthunder
and just get more death cab, i'm assuming that if you're just getting into them, you're into their newer stuff, which pales in comparison to their old material.

Seconded.

It pales so much, it's practically white.

...Wow, that was a bad pun.
Transatlanticsm is a brilliant album, id say thats there best... although The Photo Album, is pretty damn close... and then again some songs on Plans are in my top 5 favourite songs ever! (Summer Skin and What Sarah Said)