Hey everyone, my mate has been looking for a new practice amp, and has narrowed his choices down to:

Fender Frontman 15G

or

Roland Cube 15x

He plays anything from rock, to metal, to funk and jazz, so looking for a high amount of versatility. Also any other suggestions for amps in a similar price range to the two ive mentioned are very welcome.

Thanks
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
I haven't played the Fender one, but the cube is really durable and its a good little amp.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I have the 15x and its pretty sweet. Have him get the micro though. It's only $25 more and is much better.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Roland

Micro

Cube

O Yeahz.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have not tried the fender but i just tried the micro cube last weekend, it was awesome. It's gonna be a gift for a friend of mine just starting out.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The 15X is the most basic. The microcube although smaller has more built in effects. As does the 20X. If he wants something bigger go for the 20X, much more effects or even bigger and more effects is the 30X. I'd go with either the micro or 20X.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Don't bother buying practice amps, they won't sound good and the resale value is almost close to none, get your self a combo for the same price
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by 68_SG
Don't bother buying practice amps, they won't sound good and the resale value is almost close to none, get your self a combo for the same price

Lol wut.

Practice amps are good for... ya' know... practising. You don't need something big and expensive when you're first starting out. Just like your first car is never a Ferrari.