So yeh . . . as the title says, its about the fuzz factory which i just took apart out of curiosity. It seems strange that, in mine, a diode appears to have been clipped out near the dc in ( above a couple of resistors )

Something has definitely been soldered there and then clipped out afterwards, which is slightly more confusing than if something had just been left out entirely due to design modifications etc.

The pedal still works perfectly well (or seems to), so I am at a loss as to what this diode is / was for. My guess is something to do with the dc in, cos its close on the pcb and i always use a battry, anyone want to enlighten me?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
If it looks like its just a lead then its probably just a jumper wire that is soldered in to make sure it is there. Putting pictures up of the pcb is probably not a good idea either since i've heard that the dude from Zvex is very protective of his schematics.

My other guess, by looking at a schematic i have of the fuzz factory, is that it would be something to ground the circuit to the casing.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Feb 13, 2008,
The fact that's it near the DC in doesn't really mean anything. If it is connected to that input, it was almost certainly a reverse polarity protection diode. Nothing that will affect the sound; but you might fry something if you use the wrong adapter.
yeh thats pretty much what i was thinking mr hankey, and yeh I didnt put any pics up cos I know he's protective but, for anyone who know, DAMN thats a SMALL pcb.

I mean it really is tiny.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is