Hey Guys!?

I was wondering why are left handed more expensive than right handed guitars? Mind you i am a right handed guitarist.

Also whats the difference between Active pick-ups and Passive pick-ups?

Thanks also

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum?

Also on the film Big Daddy does Adam Saddler live in a flat or a house?
There are fewer lefty guitars produced and so the initial production cost is split up over fewer instruments, therefore making the prices higher. For some companies this is no longer an issue and they charge more for lefty guitars because they've always been able to get away with it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by treagar
Whatever it is you're smoking ibikinz, I want some!

Sure Just Keep breathing air heavily and deeply!
Quote by ibikinz
Hey Guys!?

I was wondering why are left handed more expensive than right handed guitars? Mind you i am a right handed guitarist.

Also whats the difference between Active pick-ups and Passive pick-ups?

Thanks also

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum?

Also on the film Big Daddy does Adam Saddler live in a flat or a house?

I figured Lefty guitars are more expensive than righty guitars becuase there's less Left handed guitarists than there are right handed. Guitar manufacturers have to make reverse everything for the guitar for a smaller percentage of people, so they have to recoup the costs spent on extra machinery and stuff to make the guitars for such a minority. Probably wrong, but it makes sense to me. *Shrug*

And the difference between Active and Passive pick-ups (and pretty much anything Active and Passive) is that Passive doesn't need any form of external power and Active does. Probably pretty vague, and I've only had experience with Passive stuff (except for my condenser mic that needs phantom power) but that's how I understand it to be.

And it's been a long while since I've seen Big Daddy, but I *THINK* it's a house. I could be totally wrong though.
Quote by ibikinz
Sure Just Keep breathing air heavily and deeply!

boo
party pooper :P

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Active pickups require a seperate power source, tend to be more for styles that need lots of gain and clarity

Passives are just your normal pickups