Page 1 of 2
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/us-military-develops-ray-gun-people-feel-like-theyre-on-fire-231446.php

The U.S. military has developed a non-lethal ray gun that makes people feel like they're on fire. Yes! It's supposed to be used in places like Iraq and Afghanistan (where else?) in order to disperse crowds and get people to cooperate. It uses millimeter electromagnetic waves to penetrate the skin and raises body temperature to 130 degrees Fahrenheit near instantly. Combine this with other top notch U.S. military technology and it's pretty easy to see why we're number one, now and forever. – Nicholas Deleon

Goodness.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
what happens when you realise your not on fire?

Is it just a placebo effect? "OH SHI- a lazer! I'M ON FIIIREE AAARGG ....hey wait.... no I'm not" *picks up gun and shoots back*

Also I'm sure a change of body temperature by even a few degrees is deadly.
That's retarded. Sure, use water tanks to disperse riots, but this?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's retarded. Sure, use water tanks to disperse riots, but this?

Even better, use both!

Hang on if they use ice cold water and this ray gun, then will the person feel neutral?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I heard about this a while ago. The rest of the world should just give up, he who controls the laz0r controls the battle.
Dickless.
Quote by rizo299
what happens when you realise your not on fire?

Is it just a placebo effect? "OH SHI- a lazer! I'M ON FIIIREE AAARGG ....hey wait.... no I'm not" *picks up gun and shoots back*

Also I'm sure a change of body temperature by even a few degrees is deadly.

exactly what i was thinking, how does something instantly raise your body temperature to such an extreme degree and not have any physical damage? that doesn't make sense....
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by offbeat
Nail guns > Rail guns > ray guns

are you high?
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
So what? They'll probably break all the time anyway. Nearly everything American breaks in the desert .
Quote by JMTrio134
That's sweet but...

Honestly, who uses Gizmodo anymore? Engadget is where its at.

Engadget doesn't have everything. Multiple sources FTW!
It excites the water molecules in the epidermis to 130 degrees. It does not affect body temperature.
Member #1 of the UG Gentlemen's Club. PM bodyheatseeker to join.
Quote by Sideshow Raheem
It excites the water molecules in the epidermis to 130 degrees. It does not affect body temperature.

Wouldn't this cause brain damage if it was aimed at someones head?

Nevermind. Just read that it effects the water molecules in the skin.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by Spay
Fire boarding?

HA! If they aren't allowed to make them think they are drowning, they should make them feel like they are on fire! Brilliant! Seems like the more ethical way to go. Atleast by the ethics our government uses.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by offbeat
Nail guns > Rail guns > ray guns

He's right you know, someone I work with put a nail through a beam, it hit a knot and pinged out the side, 3 inches through his thumb. Ouchies.
This would have to be a psychological thing or else they would die if their body reached that temperature.
Quote by soulphonate
HA! If they aren't allowed to make them think they are drowning, they should make them feel like they are on fire! Brilliant! Seems like the more ethical way to go. Atleast by the ethics our government uses.

why dont they water board them while being on fire.
Neutral, right?
completely ethical.
well that kinda dumb...like a flamethrower without the flames

so i guess its like...just a thrower????
I ****ing hate the US military intensely.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by str84ever
This would have to be a psychological thing or else they would die if their body reached that temperature.

Read the whole thread please, it excites water molecules in the skin thus being harmless.

I ****ing hate the US military intensely.

Yeah God forbid they come up with something to harmlessly disperse a threat
Leave it to the United States' addle-brained military to ruminate up something as daft as this.
Quote by Doobergn

Yeah God forbid they come up with something to harmlessly disperse a threat

Harmless? It's an enormous ray gun designed to inflict a severe amount of pain to people that probably won't be armed.... Where is the harmless?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Harmless? It's an enormous ray gun designed to inflict a severe amount of pain to people that probably won't be armed.... Where is the harmless?

It's HARMLESS pain.
Quote by Vornik

they should have thought of that before they started to riot.
I'm still waiting for my Satellite Laser.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Page 1 of 2