Here's my Enter Sandman cover, done around a month ago, I'll reupload when I get the time to record with my Explorer and Mark IV... for now it's just the Ibanez Rg and piece
o ' crap Spider III .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrooKZzK-Oo
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

wrong sound, way too much distortion.
and tone is wrong.
and you play the solo wrong anyway.
but apart from that its good
I'm not being mean,just constructive criticism
The solo was actually played right, it's just I'm using some crappy auto w'ah on my RP50, cuz my CryBaby ran out of Batteries... and yeah the tone... spiders suck. period.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

you play part of the main riff wrong.
at 1:05 and 1:13 you're on G#(A flat) and A, whereas the song is actually F#(G flat) and G.
and there are way too many mistakes in the solo to list.
like uvq said:
"I'm not being mean,just constructive criticism"
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
No not really, If I played it in a clean tone you would realize I did it right... lol. And the solo was actually done perfect.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Just some parts of the solo were off timing...
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No not really, If I played it in a clean tone you would realize I did it right... lol. And the solo was actually done perfect.

Quote by DSchmitty
Just some parts of the solo were off timing...

Make up you mind
It was done perfect, just the part with the whammy i hit the one note to fast...
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Thats pretty good, but i got a little constructive criticism besides the tone.
It looks like you got no problems with you left hand a the picking, but you timing isn't always as precise as it could be. I think that the best thing you can do is to stop counting and all those tings(if you do), and start to feel the music instead. Next time you record something, you should also stand up and play!
And don't take it bad, i've said those things to help you get even better then you are

Any one, pleas take time to give me some critique in this thread http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783690
I'm just saying though, there wasn't loads of mistakes... hardly any, just some timing issues because I've hardly ever actually played to the song (I usually play in my band with it).
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Please stop taking every kind of critique as an assault. It don't make you any better! Well music is all about the timing, so i'll suggest that you practice a little more to the song, and eventually you will get the timing perfect. It will also make it even better when you play it with your band.
Read my above post.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Yeah I just admit I made some mistakes, but most of it was due to a crappy amp and crappy mic that cuts out 24/7. I'm just saying people up there said i messed up parts 7890 billion times.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Alright, but there's still no point in defending you self in that way. And I'd really like to hear you say, that you are going to use some of the critique you got =)

Cheers
if you can't take criticism, don't ask for it dude.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
if you can't take criticism, don't ask for it dude.

Never asked. And I will take what you guys said, I have changed it around a bit, just don't want to bother reuploadin', to lazy
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Never asked. And I will take what you guys said, I have changed it around a bit, just don't want to bother reuploadin', to lazy

When you make a post in the cover forums youre asking for constructive criticism because peaple here dont listen to covers to admire someones guitar abilities. However back to the song. You need to watch the vibrato on some of the parts and turn down the cd so we can here what your playing better. The solo could use alot less wah I really couldnt tell what youre playing.
The solo could do with alot of tweaking, it seems like you didnt even play some parts to me, i could hear the track instead of you soloing.
Quote by DSchmitty

So why am i quoting the above,..

The solo wasn't even close to perfect, i'm not gonna say it was terrible because that would be unfair. But get real dude, you need to start listening more to what your playing. You didn't even realise you were playing the wrong chords in the verse when you recorded this.

Reminds me of those singers on x factor that think they can sing, but are actually tone deaf (im not saying your tone deaf) but you could be "only joking"

This is where you need decide to learn from all these comments.

I think you should take your own advice and play this in a clean tone, (listen very carefully) then you'll notice and (hopefully) take the time to rectify all the errors.

Take this as you like, but its constructive ..
Last edited by The Thresher at Feb 14, 2008,
Agree totally with you mate. If you believe that it is perfect then you uploaded it for all the wrong reasons. You should be looking for criticism always, that's how you become a better player in the long run. Only advice i can give is to practice it more and save up for some better gear. Good luck.
Quote by cerveza
you play part of the main riff wrong.
at 1:05 and 1:13 you're on G#(A flat) and A, whereas the song is actually F#(G flat) and G.
and there are way too many mistakes in the solo to list.
like uvq said:
"I'm not being mean,just constructive criticism"

+1

Theirs a good few problems with it. But must have been stated. The pre-chorus is wrong. Just keep practising. Its not exactly fluent, and its easy enough.

Solo.. Afraid it isnt perfect, I hear alot, ALOT of wrong notes, missing notes and noise. You need to practise that alot more.

And not blaming your equipment.
A bad craftsmen will always blame he's tools.
This song is too overplayed. Good job on the rhythm but the solo was plain out sloppy. You were barely hitting the notes and getting overtones. good job though on the otherparts.

C4C Please?
Equipment:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry
Marshal Top And Bottom
Peavy Classic Amp
Brain-Snarling Dog Picks
GHS Boomers .009s
Yeah I rated it... nice stair way man.

All crit aside, how would you rate my sandman solo? Out of 10.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Yeah I rated it... nice stair way man.

All crit aside, how would you rate my sandman solo? Out of 10.

Honestly, i'd give it 5/10 (your half way there with it) just needs a little more attention.

would you mind critting my "fear of the dark" in profile. It a long song but if you could check the solos that would be good

thread is here,.. (critisism welcome)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781190
the solo was completely wrong. but just keep working at it dude. lower the distortion some. and dont blame everything on your amp. yes the sound is bad, but that doesnt affect your playing. keep practicing.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke