Well since I enjoying reading these forums on guitar builds, I thought I would start my own. I'm gonna build something based off off the Jackson deathangel deathkelly and the metal series guitar that was done by Ormsby( I hope I spelled his name right). All these guitars have one major body difference and that is the lower cutaway. The deathangel has a SG cutaway, the death kelly has a kelly cutaway and the metal series has this crazy horn thats like a elephant tusk thats the best way i can discribe it.

Well mine will also have a different style cutaway which I will show off in pictures later on. this will be made out of alder with a quilt maple top in a transperent blue or purple. Bolt-on construction with a Jackson style replacement neck 25.5" in scale with 24 frets. floyd rose lo pro style bridge with a one dp220(Dimarzio D-activator) for the bridge pick up. The only control will be volume.

I have most of the parts today I still have to buy the bridge and nut and im waiting for my quilt maple to arive. Tomorrow i will be buying a router and i should start cutting the body by the weekend with a jigsaw and have pictures up as well.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
LTD EX-260 White with black bevel
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Agile Ghost Pro 727 White
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
Sweet can't wait to see this!
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Sounds good, but as a first build.... good luck.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Sounds good dude! Im looking forward to seeing this
Gear!
Guitars:
Epiphone Dot VS
Ovation Celebrity CC024
Jackson JS30DK
Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
Pedals:
Vox OTT Boost
Amps:
Laney LV300
Update: running in to problems right off the bat. I'm alittle short for the upper back wing so im cutting a peice off the chunk off wood i got today and try and find something i can make sure everythings square to glue it in place. Got my quilt maple last night and going to switch to a TOM brigde just to make things alittle easier on me and it will be cheaper.

I made the template for the body. I traced my EX-260 and traced my RR3 on top of it. Then looked at a picture and frehand bits and pieces of it. Well now time to try and get that body glued up so i can cut it by tomorrow or tuesday.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
^If your wood came in rectangular slabs, there should be plenty of spare wood for the rear wing left over when you cut the "waist".

Also, Death Angel = Errr... Death Kelly = Hell yeah! I am bummed out they don't have the Death Kelly as a production model.
try not to use a jigsaw, they dont cut straight lines, i know this from a failed attempt at building a guitar, i suppose if your staightening it all up with a router then thats alright, just a word of advise, other than that it sounds like a nice project.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^ yeah I would love to use something else but its all i can get ahold of is the jigsaw. This will be easier to cut tho than the zombie body i originally did for this it was made out of walnut too so it was a real pain.

Also to Pikka Bird thats what I did. Just cut out some excess i wasn't going to use, but now my problem is getting the two sides being glued squared up. In fact the biggest problem I got is not having the tools or the money to buy them. But i do got freinds with the tools i just got to wait for them to be not busy so i can go over and use them.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
Ha, My jigsaw blade was too short. After I get this glued I'm just going to call a woodsmith give them some cash just to cut the body and get it over with.

I've been running some ideas in my head for finsh ideas, and one I really like is breaking up the quilt top so it looks like shattered glass. Now i just gotta to figure out what I could do for filler for the gaps. I need something clear it wont like gross. Would just some sort of urathane work for filler, or any other ideas. also would I have to mix alittle of the paint im useing with the filler or will it handle a transperant color sprayed on it? Also whats a nice way to bevel an edge?
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500
Quote by sugrcanecadavr
Ha, My jigsaw blade was too short. After I get this glued I'm just going to call a woodsmith give them some cash just to cut the body and get it over with.

I've been running some ideas in my head for finsh ideas, and one I really like is breaking up the quilt top so it looks like shattered glass. Now i just gotta to figure out what I could do for filler for the gaps. I need something clear it wont like gross. Would just some sort of urathane work for filler, or any other ideas. also would I have to mix alittle of the paint im useing with the filler or will it handle a transperant color sprayed on it? Also whats a nice way to bevel an edge?

look into some wood putty for the filler. im assuming oyu want to keep the back and sides the original wood? if so, mix in some of the sawdust with the putty and use that, to kind of give it a uniformed look.

if not, mix in paint and putty.
its a long process, but it should look cool.

(btw, the reason i suggest putty is because i messed up a neck and mixed putty and rosewood sawdust, and it looked pretty good.)
Well i ordered my bidge and tail piece. Now I just need to find locking nut. Got bored today so i put the tuners on the neck and cut out a truss rod cover. looking at monday to get the glueing done. Weather hasnt been the best up here so cant get out into the counrty to get it done.
the gear:
Jackson RR3 Trans red
Ibanez RG3ex1 quilt red
Krank Rev Jr.and cab
Blackheart 5W head
DigitechRP500