ive recently unwired a guitar witch had the set up of h-s-h and it had a 5 way switch( 1st move to the neck, second moveto the neck and single coil, 3rd move to the single coil, 4th move to the single coil and bridge, 5th move to the bridge). i want to wire it back up to what it was before but leaving out the single coil. if i doen this would the switch (when in the posistion that the single coil used to be) act as a kind of killswitch?
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
idk but i would think so...never actually thot of that
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
but it would sound the same when you're like on bridge and middle as being on just the bridge?
but yeah it will work.
but if you're playing live and change pickups there will be a slight silence from your guitar.
Quote by uvq
but it would sound the same when you're like on bridge and middle as being on just the bridge?
but yeah it will work.
but if you're playing live and change pickups there will be a slight silence from your guitar.

nah i wont be playing live with this guitar. but thanks for the responses guys.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
It'll prolly be noisy, though. I have a '66 MIJ Conrad that had a killswitch as a standard feature. It switched the pups out of the circuit, but wasn't connecting the hot and gnd signals so it was really noisy.