how do i get my guitar playing onto my computer and then upload it so i can put it on my profile???
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
alright thanks.but theres no like mic built in to the computer???btw im using a dell inspiron1520
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
Check your instruction manual? A cheap-o cable is really inexpensive though, and you won't get as much interference with a direct-line or whatever (non-microphone.) Hell, you can even plug your guitar through all your pedals or whatever and then into your computer if you want to.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
alrite sounds kool,thanks
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
ok i just got one and its plugged in,now what?
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
Open Sound Recorder (from Start Menu - Accessories, Entertainment) and press record . . . If that doesn't work, check your Volume Control, which is in the same file, and make sure either your Line In or Microphone (whichever one you plugged into) aren't set to 0.
Alternatively, you could buy/download a sound editing program (which you'll need to do if you want to record more than one track and layer them.)
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
ok i got it.how do i get distortion sound???
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
Well unless you have hardware (like amp/pedals) for your effects, you're going to need a better recording program to put in distortion and stuff. Even then, it'll only be after the fact (you'd record it clean, and then modify what you've saved.)
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by rhcp33roxx
ok i got it.how do i get distortion sound???

If you have a mic (built in, or seperate) you can download Audacity, then record onto the pc that way.
1. buy mic
2. download audacity
3. ???
4. profit
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
when i uploaded it it said wrong file type
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
Open your file in Sound Recorder, go to Save As . . ., Change the Format to MPEG Layer-3, and add .mp3 to the end of the File Name. Then try uploading it again.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
alright.thanks for the help man
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
i swear steve the plank gets the first post in every single thread...

another way to do it is if you have an iPod, google iPod voice recorder. look for the one by ExtremeMac. get a decent-quality microphone, plug it into the recorder's input port, and then record away. when you plug your iPod back in, it'll show up as a voice memo. then use either iTunes or the windows sound recorder to convert it and upload away!
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone