I have a recently purchased Deluxe Players Strat that I changed strings on. I noticed I had a little string buzz going, went to adjust the saddles, then realized that not a single allen wrench I have fits the saddle adjustment screws.

These screws are TINY!!!

Anyone know what particular size is needed?

I went back to where I got it from and they don't have one that fits, not even their repair center had one that fit.

I'm at a loss.

I even checked Fender's website. I can see a part number for the Truss-rod adjustment tool, but there's no mention of one for the saddles.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Feb 13, 2008,
I THINK its a Metric 1.5mm, which is what I used on my Squier to adjust the saddles.
home depot or some other hardware store will most likely have the allen wrench set with several sizes in one tool. they're not too expensive. just buy the one with the smallest size wrenches on it. sounds weird that the music store didn't have them. the two strats i purchased both came with three different sized allen wrenches in the little plastic bag where the extra springs came...
Thanks, gonna hit the hardware store and grab that and anything smaller. I went to GC during my lunch, and the smallest one they had was still too big. Wish me luck.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
no problem. and if for some strange reason the hardware store don't have it (which would be really bizarre), you can usually be very small tools at electronics stores. you know where people go to buy computer parts. they usually have very small allen wrenches & screwdrivers, etc...
Just got back from the hardware store with a mess of tools (since I've been doing repairs, eh, might as well add to my kit).

Found out that 1.5mm is STILL too big...

Finally found one that fit though. A whopping .050 inches. Smallest one available at the hardware store.