In English, we read a book written by Chris Crutcher, a compilation of short stories, called Athletic Shorts. Today we talked about one story, The Pin, it's about a son who challenges his father to a wrestling match after years of suffering domination and humiliation at home, then he wins and regrets it since his father is heartbroken. Now we have to choose a song or poem to describe one of the themes from it. Any suggestions?
Well, what are the themes from it?
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
Pride, being a good parent, change, winning isn't always glorious. That's what we discussed in class, but this sentence really sums up the story, "a son challenges his father to a wrestling match after years of suffering domination and humiliation at home."
CHildren of Bodom - Hate Me
Kidding...

Oops I Did It Again?
Hey There Dililah?
I Never Told You What I Do For A living?

Okay I'll stop it

I havnt got a clue. Testify by RATM maybe? =/

Yeah I just had a quick glance of my songs and I couldnt find one. Sorry dude
Better than me - Hinder
Yeahh...
Might have a bit of a gay-incest vibe if you listen to any lyrics other than 'you can do much better than me'
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Feb 13, 2008,
Hm- I'm not sure right now but if I find anything I'll get back to you. Also if you don't find anything just pick a very vague song and link it to a theme.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
This Is the Place by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

here's part of it....

"I don't wanna do it like my daddy did. i don't wanna give it to my baby's kid."
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I Cum Blood. It had to be said.

It would probably be much easier to find a poem that deals with this than a song.

I can only think of 'Follower' by Seamus Heaney, which doesn't really fit, but it might be worth a try.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Feb 13, 2008,