wondering about the mesa boogie f series amps, i see they go cheap on ebay, anyone know if they are worth investing in?
They're only worth buying if you like them. What style(s) of music do you play? What kind of sound are you looking for?
Hi, I'm Peter
i liked the f-50 i tryed, dont get a 100w cause its far too loud for anything other then big gigs
its depends on your style of course, and ive heard some people just dislike the tone
YES. That's all that needs to be said.

There's one in a rehearsal studio near my house, and I go there three times a week just to play it. I probably could've bought one with the money I've spent renting the place, but seriously. Go for it. What styles you play aren't important, almost. This amp's ridiculously versatile, and well-priced.
i play metal mostly, but i like a more classic rounded warm gain, kinda metallica black album, and i do gig btw, so 100 watt wud b suitable
Quote by vitchb
i play metal mostly, but i like a more classic rounded warm gain, kinda metallica black album, and i do gig btw, so 100 watt wud b suitable

Yeah but the f-50 is a 50 watt tube amp, wouldn't that be enough, I don't see why you'd need the f-100 unless you wanted to do very large gigs or more headroom or whatever..
Either will have a lot of volume, so either is suitable. And if that's the kind of sound you like, I say go for it. The F series does those kind of tones very well.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Pooinsky
Yeah but the f-50 is a 50 watt tube amp, wouldn't that be enough, I don't see why you'd need the f-100 unless you wanted to do very large gigs or more headroom or whatever..

50 is enough for a gig, my 60w stays at 6 for gigs
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The Mesa F-100 is far superior to the F-50. Better cleans, thicker gain, more gain, and tighter. Not to mention you get a ton more headroom.

I used to own an F-100. I miss that thing despite owning a Mark IV and Roadking.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i havent tried the 100. but i own the 50, and love it. throw the contour on and leave it on, you got loads of gain. drop it off, use the master as the "gain" knob and the gain as the volume knob, nice power tube saturation. cleans are awesome, and surprising headroom as well. ive heard people say that this amp is bland, but....well...i dont think that at all. i love it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals