I'm having trouble with this just one string, the High E string (standard tuning) just from yesterday night to today as gotten a really strange sound... as I play along the frets, when I reach frets number 9 and up, it starts making this wierd sound, like a vibrato kind of sound. But it ruins all the playing I do with those higher frets. I'm using a Fender Strat Squier. I've tried screwing the bolt on the bridge a bit tighter but the sound is still the same.

got any clues or hints on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.
i hate it when ppl buy strats...ok besides a hundred other things that r wrong w/ ur guitar u probly just have to adjust the action or neck...turn the gtr sideways n look at the strings n use that as a comparison...unless ur in another demension ur strings are as strait as can be so look n c if the neck looks "bowed" in one direction or the other n if so u can adjust this by using a hex wrench on the...**** i just forgot what its called...neway the opening u put it in is at the top o the neck on the headstock...just turn it one way or the other till the neck looks strait...if thats not it then u have to adjust the action or the height of the string...do so by getting a smaller hex wrench n adjusting the lil screws on the saddle of that string...i ****in hate strats...so many things go wrong w/ em
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
n RJA5410 dont know **** its not the string...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Yeah its ringing like hell O.o, i'll see what I can do with what albinokrikit wrote.
I've tried messing with the screws and the neck isn't bent or warped, but it still makes the same ring :/
if it's ringing at a particular point, most likely you need to adjust the action for that string. However, don't try and adjust the truss rod, which is what albinokrikit was referring to, as you will most likely warp your guitar's neck and the whole thing will be fucked. Truss rod adjustment should only be done by a professional to minimise any risks of damage to your guitar's neck.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Dont listen to albino strats are great, well squiers not so much heh but anyways dont mess with the screws if you dont know what your doing. Loosen and retune the string. If that doesn't work replace it and if it doesn't work go to a shop and get it fixed.