i was playing my epiphone sg bass with a novelty pick and i was smacking the strings and missed and cracked the body....what'll happen, there's a big visible crack , and everything i play i can hear the wood cracking...please help
Quote by BlakeTheColombo
i was playing my epiphone sg bass with a novelty pick and i was smacking the strings and missed and cracked the body....what'll happen, there's a big visible crack , and everything i play i can hear the wood cracking...please help

You cracked the wood by playing with... a novelty pick?

Was the pick actually a hammer?
i tried tape, but it didn't work....the way it cracked the the microphone thingy wiggles alot.....i need to fix it soon, i have to do a bass tribute to geezer butler for a youtube video
You hit your bass with a plastic replica of a small mammal?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
U've got a webcam for all ur youtube stuff yes?
take a foto with it, so we can see and try and be more helpful = ]

and here's a proper UG welcome OzzyPossum (yup, I worked it out, it was the combo of geezer,the sg bass and the weasel, Ive seen ur vids) notice how much nicer we are when u post senisible (ok, maybe not the weasel picking ) thread, with the absence of personal abuse and certain Lol Wut fruits
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You don't remember this permutation of the dude's multi?

This is the one (or PaulColombo) that he tried to pretend he was a legit UGer.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by BlakeTheColombo
good job...lol...low wut fruits...

amusing as they can be....they do tend to aggrivate people on here

any luck repairing? or getting pictures?

Quote by thefitz
You don't remember this permutation of the dude's multi?

This is the one (or PaulColombo) that he tried to pretend he was a legit UGer.

and yes I do, hence my genius unmasking a couple of posts ago
but Im being nice, he's just a kid, and its my firts valentines with a gf 2morro, so Im all happy and jolly
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Feb 13, 2008,
If you're too poor go own a camera, can you draw what it looks like in paint, and the host it at www.imageshack.us ?

EDIT: Epiphone/Gibson/GeezerSG41/Ozzy*animal*/Blakethebassist/PaulColombo/BlaketheColombo, you should make a UG Profiles group on you and all your multis.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 13, 2008,
thanx, but i'm now a legit uger, no more spamming,, i got the point, you guys weren't nice leaving me all those bad comments on youtube..tisk..tisk
Quote by thefitz
If you're too poor go own a camera, can you draw what it looks like in paint, and the host it at www.imageshack.us ?

EDIT: Epiphone/Gibson/GeezerSG41/Ozzy*animal*/Blakethebassist/PaulColombo/BlaketheColombo, you should make a UG Profiles group on you and all your multis.

i just might my canadian friend...long live ozzypossum
You were banned for a reason, you are not allowed to create a new one.

*reported thread for multi accouting*

please do not post after this!

if you post after this you risk being warned/banned for posting after a report

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Feb 13, 2008,
You were banned for a reason, you are not allowed to create a new one.

*reported thread for multi accouting*

please do not post after this!
you're a bad bassist...stop playing or chuck norriss will smite you with his mighty chin fist
All forum drama aside, TS, I am fairly sure that you may need a new bass. Cracks in the body are an extremely serious issue, and it will cost more than it was initiailly worth to repair it.

If you are on a deadline, here are a few options

#1: Tape it up and suck it up. Dont play it often before the moment you need it or else you risk breaking it to unusability.

#2: Buy a new cheap bass. You can buy a bass such as the squier affinity to use as a placeholder until you can afford a better bass.

#3: Rent/borrow a bass.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: oops
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Feb 13, 2008,
At the risk of getting warned, I have to make something clear:

THIS IS A JOKE THREAD

HE DIDN'T CRACK HIS BASS WITH A WEASEL

AND HE'S NOT TOO POOR TO OWN A CAMERA

so hopefully nobody else posts thinking their helping the kid.

Please, stop.
Quote by Cody_Grey102