i currently have an acoustic but if i were to buy an electric are there lots of accessories that are needed for it i know i would need an amplifier and a cable for it what else?
IF you can already play I dont really recommend a starter pack. whats your budget?
Quote by jake911
IF you can already play I dont really recommend a starter pack. whats your budget?

circa $300 dollars i can spend
i don't know but i think a starter pack would be perfect and awesome it comes with everyone you need to play isn't that cool?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Keep playing acoustic until you have some more money.. it will be so painful to play on the strat pack that you'll just go back to acoustic. If you already play and know you're not gonna quit guitar anytime soon, I see no reason whatsoever to start with the cheapest you can find. Back when I had the squier strat, the stupid bridge destroyed my hand whenever I played palm mutes, and the amp sounds worse than the lowest end acoustic guitars. Come back when you have maybe $500 - you can get a korean made Ibanez RG which plays like a dream compared to a Squier, and can play and sound amazing period if you set it up right - I still love my RG370DX with Dimarzio's after playing several multi-thousand $ guitars.

Someone else can help you with the amp, I'm no expert on cheaper amps, or amps in general for that matter.

Strat pack is ok if you're just starting and don't know yet if you'll quit soon. If you're in it for a while, save some more money.
either just go to a local music store and talk to them, or Ebay is great if you know what you want
Quote by REPOMAN
Keep playing acoustic until you have some more money.. it will be so painful to play on the strat pack that you'll just go back to acoustic. If you already play and know you're not gonna quit guitar anytime soon, I see no reason whatsoever to start with the cheapest you can find. Back when I had the squier strat, the stupid bridge destroyed my hand whenever I played palm mutes, and the amp sounds worse than the lowest end acoustic guitars. Come back when you have maybe $500 - you can get a korean made Ibanez RG which plays like a dream compared to a Squier, and can play and sound amazing period if you set it up right - I still love my RG370DX with Dimarzio's after playing several multi-thousand $ guitars.

Someone else can help you with the amp, I'm no expert on cheaper amps, or amps in general for that matter.

Strat pack is ok if you're just starting and don't know yet if you'll quit soon. If you're in it for a while, save some more money.

+1

Get an RG321MH. Thats $280 and then Save up a bit more for a Microcube.
You should buy an Epiphone Valve Junior, Fender Champ 600 or a Crate Palomino V8 as your amp, and then for a guitar, I'd recommend a Fender Telecaster. That way, you'll enter the world of good tone from the get go. You won't need to save too much extra either but it will be more than worth it.

EDIT: You can always go used, as you may even get some better deals that way but I'd recommend saving a little bit more so you aren't dissapointed by having crap gear, by which I meanNO MARSHALL MG'S, LINE 6 SPIDERS OR BEHRINGERS I say this as some moron will probably recommend them as a decent amp, but stay away from them.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Feb 13, 2008,
I never played guitar a day in my life and I bought a Squier starter pack about 6 months ago. I returned it a week later. Having no guitar knowledge, but knowing quality and crap when I see it was easy.

I took the pack back to guitar center, chipped in some more $ and got me a Mexi HSS Strat.

Then I saved up a bit more and got a 15w VOX amp.

Best decision I ever made.
Squier 51, Squier Affinity Tele, Ibanez RG321, Schecter Omen 6... the list goes on

As for amps... Roland Cube 30/Micro Cube, Vox AD30VT, Epi Vj + Assortment of pedals...

Just get a cable, a few picks, a spare pack of strings (You'll need them) and you'll be ready.