Hey guys. Been working on some new acoustic rock lately. Getting a real feel for song writing.

Anyways, I have two new songs -- The Tunnel, and Leaches. If you guys wanna check them out Ill crit back fo sho
The Tunnel - The chorusy bit would sound good with a full band and an electric guitar I think, Im just trying to think of what you sound like..

Leaches - Vocals are really quiet, couldnt really hear them sorry.

Thanks for the crit
Thanks alot for the crits guys, its appreciated. The vocals in leaches, I feel like they are loud enough in the chorus. Do you agree? It just happens because I looked down at the guitar.

Thanks again!
both good songs. like the chord progression in the tunnel although i'm not so keen on the bridge. perhaps raise the vocals in the mix - they sound a bit thin behind the guitars.

leeches has a great melody but in my opinion the backing doesn't do it justice. it's a bit too muddy - quite hard to tell what chords are underneath.

thanks for the crit by the way.
Quote by agreth_3rd
both good songs. like the chord progression in the tunnel although i'm not so keen on the bridge. perhaps raise the vocals in the mix - they sound a bit thin behind the guitars.

leeches has a great melody but in my opinion the backing doesn't do it justice. it's a bit too muddy - quite hard to tell what chords are underneath.

thanks for the crit by the way.

Thanks man. So your saying you don't like the bassy reverb I put on leaches? Just wondering. I dont know how else to improve . Anyways, by raising the vocals, do you mean the volume? Or do you mean raising the bass on the vocals?

Thanks!
hi,are you ready for some critisicm I thought your first one the tunnel was top!great progression,got a bit of a spanish flavour to it.I don't mean to be too rude but you should try and find someone to sing IMO.lyrics are great though.And perhaps put a thick simple bass line through it to give it some depth.Apart from that I really liked it.As for the second tune leaches not my taste I'm afraid so I ain't critisising you on that one because i did'nt like it don't mean its good or bad!
Quote by |2eM!x
Thanks man. So your saying you don't like the bassy reverb I put on leaches? Just wondering. I dont know how else to improve . Anyways, by raising the vocals, do you mean the volume? Or do you mean raising the bass on the vocals?

Thanks!

yeah i'd probably take that reverb off...or at least just have less of it.

and with the vocals i was referring to the volume although raising the bass might fatten it out a bit as well.
The Tunnel: Nice interplay between the guitar parts (I'm guessing there's more than one there right?!??) Nice voice, works very well with the guitar part, maybe just try and project it a bit more if you get what I mean? Your voice kinda reminds me a bit of Damien Rice but personally I think you could get away with being a lot more forceful in your delivery on a more upbeat song like this. Personal taste of mine but maybe take the reverb on the track down?

Looking pretty good though!

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787279
I like the reverb on Leaches, however I appreciate the input and I will work on a better, more solid version .

Nagirrab:
Thankyou. There is just one guitar, and me singing on all of my songs. Its all live, one time through. So, no is the answer to your question . I will definately try to project more; I realize some faults singing wise that I think as I get more comfortable with the songs should go away. The comment about Damien Rice is much appreciated, I just listened to some of his stuff and its a compliment for sure!

Ill downtune the reverb a little bit though..thanks