hey everyone,

I'm really interested in exploring very low tunings and playing songs in C, B, A etc. and was wondering if using thick strings would be able to achieve this or if it is better to buy a baritone, but the decent ones are on the expensive side.
So should I get a baritone? or buy thicker strings for a new guitar? as I am planning on having my current guitar for higher tunings (like drop d and 1/2 step down) and having a guitar in a low tuning

thanks for the help in advance
baritones r kool but i wud say get a 7string cuz u can tune down a step n get as low as A n still have the high strings...buying a 7 is the best thing decision ive ever made...n get an ibanez cuz all the other 7s usually suck ass
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
agreed. definetly get a 7string. BUT i'd go with the schecter. it's probably not as expensive and they've got some quality ****. but try them out and see what you like best.
Quote by albinokrikit
baritones r kool but i wud say get a 7string cuz u can tune down a step n get as low as A n still have the high strings...buying a 7 is the best thing decision ive ever made...n get an ibanez cuz all the other 7s usually suck ass

would a 7 string be able to do c tuning? cos thats one of the tunings im most likely to use a lot
if you do decide to go for a seven, or any guitar for that matter. watch for floating trems as they are not easy to apply alternate tunings to everytime you play
Yea. Sevens could do C tuning with an extra low note, or maybe double C's. Id take a seven over a Baritone.