Hi, this is my first thread but I wanted to start off with something easy for me and other ppl too.

the first song i learned was smoke on the water (intro). But since this is for beginners im going to give you the easiest way. Go to the 6 string, thats the really big one if you dont know it yet.

and play this

0--3--5
0--3--6-5
0--3--5--3--0
and thats it.

If you dont know what that means read on

The 0,3,5,6 mean spaces on fret board. 0 means u have no fingers on the fret board. 3 means you go to the third space (in the space not on the metal, this is what fret means in short terms). The 3rd and 5th fret should have a dot or something on the fretboard to represent this. 5 means go to the fifth fret. and 6 means go to the sixth. and then do that in the beat of smoke on the water and ur done! rock on.
Brainstew by Green Day is also very easy. It is tuned down half-step though but if you are a beginner you don't really have to worry about that.

its acutally much simper than that you know.

e|----------------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------------------|
G|--0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3---0|
D|--0--3--5---0--3--6-5---0--3--5---3---0|
A|----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------|
Quote by metal_dan
why?

Because most beginners don't know how to tune half step down yet?
pyrest i know that is the true version but it might be a little bit tougher. But when they get one down they could use urs when they are good at the easy one
Quote by GNRAGE_2010
Brainstew by Green Day is also very easy. It is tuned down half-step though but if you are a beginner you don't really have to worry about that.

i worked that out myself
but i did it in drop D
Quote by sgboy101
pyrest i know that is the true version but it might be a little bit tougher. But when they get one down they could use urs when they are good at the easy one

The true version is ten thousand times easier!