I know you guys are sick of this, but this is the only thread I'll make about it.

I want a JCM800-esque tone. Definitely think Classic Rock.

I was looking at:

Peavey Valveking

AND

Crate V50

I want to spend between 400 and 500 USD.

Which do you guys think I should get? This vid has me almost sold on the VK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7EoehgpsA

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I think if you want very near a Marshall you want an amp with EL34's (someone correct me if I am wrong.) I can get somewhat Marshally with my VK but its tubed with 6L6's and has more of a modern gain structure. Seems to me the Crate is a 6L6 amp, but I'm not sure.
I play classic rock/blues, but I tend to reinterpret older music instead of trying to exactly match the tone, haven't had any complaints thus far, so the VK may do it for you. Definitely try it, I really like mine.
scrape up an extra $100 n get the marshall icantrememberwhatthedamnmodelnumberisbutitcosts$600
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Try the Peavey Classic 30 or Classic 50. It excels in classic rock tones, and also has great, warm sounding cleans. Many say, including me, it's tone is very Marshall-like/Vox-like. But I think it leans more towards the Marshall side. With a speaker swap, tube swap, and a decent OD pedal, this amp can do pretty much any tone except modern metal.

And you can easily get one used for less than $500 on eBay.

Quote by albinokrikit
scrape up an extra $100 n get the marshall icantrememberwhatthedamnmodelnumberisbutitcosts$600

That's the MG half-stack. That's a big no-no.
Oh, and the lack of spaces between words in your post frightens me.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Last edited by kosmic at Feb 13, 2008,
+1 for Peavey Classic 30 or 50
Go into your local Guitar Centar and haggle either one down. You could probably get the Classic 30 for 400 and the Classic 50 for 600. They would get your great classic rock tones.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by kosmic
Try the Peavey Classic 30 or Classic 50. It excels in classic rock tones, and also has great, warm sounding cleans. Many say, including me, it's tone is very Marshall-like/Vox-like. But I think it leans more towards the Marshall side. With a speaker swap, tube swap, and a decent OD pedal, this amp can do pretty much any tone except modern metal.

And you can easily get one used for less than $500 on eBay.

I forgot about that one, I'll have to check it out too.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
600 for an mg but i dotn think he wants one

edit: he better not get one

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
600 for an mg but i dotn think he wants one

edit: he better not get one

I'm not dumb, dude.

My friend has one. Anything you play through it makes it sound like someone kicked a box of bees with a hoarse clown inside.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
They shouldn't have played that thing on the clean channel, sounds like dirt. I guess I'm a little biased to fender cleans though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
They shouldn't have played that thing on the clean channel, sounds like dirt. I guess I'm a little biased to fender cleans though.

I know what you mean, the clean isn't great. (I have a Fender for that )

But I would like something a little bigger than what I have for playing classic rock with my drummer.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG