Well ive been playing guitar for almost 5 years now and i have generally relied on my ear to do the work for me, obviously i read tabs, but for parts im not sure about, i rely on my ear. But now im learning some Protest The Hero (hopefully there are some fans out there) and that is dowright brutal trying to learn by ear. Id say i have about 80 percent of the rhythm riffs, but for the catchy solos i've only been able to tear down one part of the tapping. So after having you read all this i was hoping there is someone extremely knowledgable on computer programs that will help me record songs, tear them apart to listen to, slow them down, or all of the above.

thanks alot to anyone who contributes, Steven aka guitardedsteve
Metalocolypse
You can slow songs down with windows media player, it's under enhancements, although for pulling them apart and such, I don't know of a program that can do that
guitar pro all the way. slow it down, replay it whatever you want it to do
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
yeah guitar pro,

can turn down other tracks, pan them, change intruments used,
change tempo, use speed trainers, shows you what to play when,
building chords,
everything
Guitar Pro will not help you figure out how to play something by ear
Audacity, it's easy to use and you can use it to slow down songs. 'Ripping apart' music isn't so easy, you'll just have to play around with the EQ, but that can be done with Audacity too I think...
I dont think you can, because the songs are already mixed. Just keep developing your musical ear, and songs will become really easy to tab out eventually
Tascam CD player, if I remember right it can slow down, reverse, cut out vocals, bass, and drums. Audacity will not 'take apart songs' because you cannot upload it and separate the channels and mute those you do not want.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by hethamulburton
Tascam CD player, if I remember right it can slow down, reverse, cut out vocals, bass, and drums. Audacity will not 'take apart songs' because you cannot upload it and separate the channels and mute those you do not want.

guitar pro will!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by The Spoon
I dont think you can, because the songs are already mixed. Just keep developing your musical ear, and songs will become really easy to tab out eventually

okay.. i take it you havent listened to protest the hero to say that kid.. ive been playing guitar for 5 years, and i have an extremely good ear, take a listen to PTH then tell me i have a bad ear.. haha
Metalocolypse