I need serious help, im bummed out on guitar ive been playing about two years and ive now hit a wall, and my problem is solos
everybody says play the slow and keep practicing over and over, it doesnt work for me i play and play and play but it may sound cleaner but id like the abilitiy to play a bit more up to speed
yes i know speed isnt everything and you just gotta keep playing it slow until you got it 100% then speed will come, ive only managed to do that on like the easiest of solos like smells like teen spirit, but other than that none
can anyone tell me any tips that may improve my speed or just help my soloing
Quote by Imalius
I need serious help, I'm bummed out on guitar I've been playing about two years and I've now hit a wall, and my problem is solos
everybody says play it slow and keep practicing over and over, it doesn't work for me i play and play and play but it may sound cleaner but id like the ability to play a bit more up to speed
yes i know speed isn't everything and you just gotta keep playing it slow until you got it 100% then speed will come, I've only managed to do that on like the easiest of solos like smells like teen spirit, but other than that none
can anyone tell me any tips that may improve my speed or just help my soloing

The answer lies within.
ive tried playing it slow.....augh maybe im just really bummed out lately
You just gotta keep playing man. Everybody gets bummed out every once in a while.
keep playing it over and over to the point where you don't even realize ur playing it. i blow through stairway to heaven solo without realizing i started... then just do it faster

practice practice practice
and when you don't think it's doing anything and your thinking of just killing urself,
practice some more

most people who can play fast have been playing for many years, it would be amazing if you could play amazingly clean and fast in 2 years.
well maybe its just somethin you gotta come back to when you're better at guitar. Remember playin in the beginning, could barely play power chords let alone solo-like stuff without weird pauses, now np. take a break, learn some more songs. classical music is great for practising solo like material, and is real fun to learn. eine kleine nacht musik should get u sorted
use a metronome. play it at a slow speed at first and go up one by one until your at the speed you want it
i dunno i guess ill just kkep playing and playing right now see the problem i have with solos is when i play them slow it doesnt sound right at all so i get frustrated
When you get frustrated, stop, take some deep breaths, relax, play something else, and then come back to it. A metronome is a great thing to work with, if you don't have one, then I highly highly highly highly highly recommend getting one. It will really help, I promise.
i have one anyone have a suggestion for a good song to learn then???
mabey the solos are too hard for your skill right now. what solos are you trying to learn?
i like just about anything but i want something a little challenging but ill say if its too hard
Hmm...maybe you can try Frankenstein by The Edgar White Group, it's fun to play.